Powered by Topple

NYC man accused of trying to strangle 11-year old girl in park already arraigned, out on bail

Powered by Topple

In yet another disturbing incident in crime-ridden New York City, cops have arrested a man who allegedly slugged and tried to choke a pre-teen inside a lower Manhattan park. The suspect now faces a slew of charges.

The incident occurred last Wednesday when the 11-year-old girl and her classmates were on a lunch break at Stuyvesant Square Park. The suspect reportedly began yelling at the kids, sprayed water on them, and then allegedly assaulted the girl.

“When the young girl tried to fight back, cops say Direnzo grabbed her by the hair and punched her in the face. He then allegedly ‘wrapped his hands around the girl’s neck,’ trying to strangle her, police said,” the New York Post reported.

First responders transported the girl to a local hospital for treatment and she was reported in stable condition. EMTs treated a 15-year-old boy for minor injuries at the scene after he reportedly defended his classmateand and was hit by the suspect.

Watch a brief report on the incident from CBS New York:


(Video: WLNY-TV)

The suspect, identified by multiple media outlets as Nathaniel DiRenzo, 29, is reportedly charged with second-degree strangulation, two counts of acting in a manner injurious to a child, second-degree harassment, and two counts of assault. He was released on $7,500 bail on Saturday evening.

There allegedly may be more to the story, however. Some news outlets, for example, indicate that the dispute got started because kids were allegedly throwing dirt and fireworks into a dog run at the park where DiRenzo and others were walking their dogs.

“Angry dog owners confronted the kids when an adult supervisor was unable to get the spiraling situation under control,” the New York Daily News claimed. “Within seconds, DiRenzo allegedly approached the kids and directed his rage toward the 11-year-old girl who was yelling at him.”

“You fat little bi–h. You’re not going to amount to anything in life,” he allegedly yelled at the girl before violence broke out. A bystander, fortunately, broke up the fight and DiRenzo left the scene.

It will obviously be up to the court system to sort out the facts in this particular incident, and each suspect is presumed innocent unless or until an adjudication occurs.

That said, the qualify of life in New York City has deteriorated significantly under far-left, term-limited Mayor Bill de Blasio.

Here is a cell phone clip purportedly of the incident, or part of it:

DiRenzo, who reportedly previously worked in the U.S. Congress and for the Politico news site, served as a volunteer board member of a non-profit organization that assists traumatized children. He does not appear on the Lineage Project website in the list of board members, however.

“Co-executive director Gabrielle Prisco said: ‘Nathaniel DiRenzo was never an employee of the Lineage Project. He did serve as an uncompensated, volunteer board member. Mr. DiRenzo is no longer on our Board of Directors.’ She has not commented on whether he was axed from his role at the Lineage Project as a result of the shocking assault clip,” the Daily Mail reported.

Robert Jonathan

Comments

Latest Articles