The next Republican presidential primary debate has been cancelled, the Fox News network confirmed Wednesday.
The news came after front-runner Donald Trump announced on “Fox & Friends” earlier in the day that he would not be attending the debate.
Hours after Trump’s announcement Ohio Gov. John Kasich said he would not be participating if Trump were not present.
“This morning, Donald Trump announced he would not be participating in the debate,” Fox’s Executive Vice President of News, Michael Clemente, said in a statement. “Shortly afterward, John Kasich’s campaign announced that without Trump at the debate, Kasich would not participate. Ted Cruz has expressed a willingness to debate Trump or Kasich — or both. But obviously, there needs to be more than one participant. So the Salt Lake City debate is canceled.”
Click below to hear Trump’s announcement.
- Britney Spears shows off her rockin’ new bod, but had to spoil it with a liberal message about ‘Dreamers’ - December 24, 2017
- Border patrol forget they’re supposed to be heartless, deliver beautiful baby at the border - December 24, 2017
- After scoring tax cut victory, Trump sees ‘tremendous Democrat support’ for his next big initiative - December 24, 2017