Op-ed views and opinions expressed are solely those of the author.
No one’s life should be cut short at the hands of the state, but these unfortunate events do occur. In our democracy, all Americans should work together to promote a just and peaceful society. However, Democrats are more concerned with politicizing tragedies than honestly discussing the real issues in America.
Daunte Wright was accidentally killed by a Minnesota police officer during a traffic stop in April. Although his criminal record is lengthy, no American shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law. This is not a perfect world, and sometimes citizens are not afforded that right.
Conservatives can agree that our justice system is not perfect and can be improved. Can Democrats agree that the unrest in our country is not simply due to institutional racism, but the result of larger social, cultural, and economic patterns in our society? The answer is no.
Prominent Minnesota Democrats, Gov. Tim Walz, Sens. Amy Klobuchar and Tina Smith, and Rep. Ilhan Omar refuse to acknowledge that Daunte Wright was far from a perfect citizen. While it’s one thing to respect those who have passed and to leave their misdeeds unspoken. It is another to use those who have passed and to dishonestly traffic in tragedy for personal gains.
The issues surrounding Daunte Wright’s troubled past are not secrets. They are of public record, and the top Democrats who attended Wright’s funeral are well aware of these allegations, charges, and lawsuits. However, if these Democrats chose to play dumb and bank on plausible deniability, here are the facts for all to see:
- A civil lawsuit alleges that Wright shot a former classmate in the head, leaving the teenager in a vegetative state in 2019.
- Also in 2019, Wright was charged with aggravated robbery. He is accused of attempting to rob a woman at gunpoint.
- Court records show that Wright later went on to violate his robbery probation by waving a handgun in public without a permit, and then fleeing from police officers.
- A civil suit filed against Wright’s estate claims that Joshua Hodges, a former classmate, was shot in the leg and had his car stolen by Daunte Wright. The civil suit goes further in claiming “a false narrative began establishing [Wright] as a young person that young people looked up to, when in fact a warrant was in place for his violations of law on bond for a past crime. [He] had previously chosen a life of crime.”
- Wright’s criminal record also includes misdemeanors for selling drugs and disorderly conduct.
It is unfortunate that the Democratic Party continues to play politics with the lives of deceased Americans. No one deserves to have their mistakes published for the world to see. Hopefully, a day will come, where honesty and truth are again the foundation of this country, and both sides of the political spectrum can honestly, fairly and openly discuss the issues of the day.
In that society envisioned by the founding fathers, politics was not about results, it was about process. Today, our society is being torn apart by those that believe that the ends justify the means, and others that believe that results cannot be guaranteed in society, only a fair process can be certain.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- People hit out at Guardian article that cancels apple pie as ‘racist’ - June 9, 2021
- Lawsuit shows Daunte Wright was dangerous criminal, top Dems who attended funeral stay silent - June 9, 2021
- Leo Terrell: Who oppressed Obama? He’s the last person on earth who should promote critical race theory - June 8, 2021
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.