A baseball fan was escorted out of Fenway Park in Boston after unveiling a giant banner during a Monday afternoon Red Sox game that read, “Trump Won – Save America,” according to local media and video posted to social media.
A team spokesman said that the fan was booted from the park because of a rule prohibiting such signage displays, WCVB5 reported.
The banner was unfurled during the fourth inning in the center field bleacher’s seats during a Sox game against the Miami Marlins.
“The incident happened while the Marlins training staff was examining starting pitcher Zach Thompson before the start of the bottom of the fourth inning. Thompson threw some warmup pitches before exiting the game with an apparent injury,” WCVB5 reported.
Baseball fans in one video can be heard cheering and clapping when the banner rolls open.
— Dion Cini (@dioncini) June 7, 2021
The incident at Fenway is the second time in recent weeks someone has unfurled a “Trump Won – Save America” banner at a baseball game.
Late last month, someone unveiled one at a New York Yankees doubleheader with the Toronto Blue Jays. According to video of that incident, many fans booed rather than cheered.
“A couple fans at Yankee Stadium just unveiled a massive banner that reads ‘Trump Won Save America’ Sounded like the entire crowd was booing until security confiscated the banner, which then resulted in a loud cheer,” one person wrote on Twitter.
That incident also resulted in those responsible being ejected from the stadium, with one person reportedly taken away in cuffs.
Fans of the former president also hung banners supporting him at baseball games during his term on at least two occasions — one of them occurring at Fenway and the other in Baltimore during an Orioles game.
Red Sox fans hang giant ‘Trump 2020’ banner in Fenway Park. Angry critics quickly rip it down. https://t.co/52qe9WwLGJ
— Conservative News (@BIZPACReview) May 11, 2019
The most recent Fenway incident drew some positive responses from social media users, however.
“Love the people standing… and cheering. In Boston no less-Boom!” one user wrote.
“Yes thank Gawd in Liberal MASS!” wrote another.
“Hell Yeah! We all know,” added another.
Love the people standing…
In Boston no less-Boom!
— David Theisen (@illini101458) June 7, 2021
Yes thank Gawd in Liberal MASS!
— Fix Election Fraud Now 🇺🇸 (@JustMToday2) June 8, 2021
Hell Yeah! We all know.👍
— BonzaiBou True Scorpion and the Sting hurts. !! (@Bonsai_Bou) June 8, 2021
An Ipsos-Reuters poll released last month found that 53 percent of Republicans surveyed believe Donald Trump is the “true” president, though overall, only about a quarter of Americans subscribe to that.
Interestingly, however, former NYPD Commissioner Bernard Kerik suggested to onetime Trump adviser Steve Bannon Monday morning that “explosive” evidence of some kind will be uncovered within a few weeks allegedly proving that the election was “stolen.”
“You’ve got a number of investigations in Georgia and one primary in Fulton County, Steve, that I predict that over the next three or four weeks is going to be explosive,” Kerik said.
“And I think it’s basically going to come back and vindicate everything the President and Rudy Giuliani, and I have been saying for the last six months. The election was stolen. Basically the Republican legislators didn’t do their job. They allowed this certification of the votes,” he added.