Mary Margaret Olohan, DCNF
Convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein’s confidante Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested, according to two senior law enforcement sources.
The British socialite and heiress, who has been accused of involvement in Epstein’s crimes against young women, was arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in New Hampshire on Epstein-related charges, law enforcement sources told News 4 New York. Epstein died of apparent suicide in a New York City jail in August 2019.
NEW: Federal prosecutors in Manhattan have unveiled charges against Ghislaine Maxwell — alleging she recruited victims for sexual predator Jeffrey Epstein. A press conference in New York City on the case has been scheduled for noon.
— NPR (@NPR) July 2, 2020
Epstein victim Virginia Roberts Giuffre has accused Maxwell in a 2015 defamation suit of allegedly helping Epstein groom teenaged girls as sex partners for rich and powerful men, the publication reports.
A recently published book by conservative authors Alana Goodman and Daniel Halper also claims former President Bill Clinton had a years-long affair with Maxwell. A source reportedly told the authors that the two “were getting it on,” and that Clinton “used” Epstein to carry on the affair.
“The source explained that reporters have been missing the point about the Clinton-Epstein relationship by focusing on Epstein’s sex crimes. ‘[Clinton’s] stupid but not an idiot,” the source, who reportedly witnessed the affair, told Goodman and Halper, according to an excerpt of the book published in the New York Post.
The Ghislaine Maxwell indictment – charges include:
1) Conspiracy to entice minors to engage in illegal sex acts
2) Conspiracy to transport minors to engage in illegal sex acts
3) Transportation of a minor to engage in illegal sex acts
4) Perjury pic.twitter.com/ec7HPEJUz9
— Techno Fog (@Techno_Fog) July 2, 2020
For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]
Latest posts by BPR Wire (see all)
- Major development in Durham probe ignored during CNN, MSNBC primetime coverage - August 15, 2020
- UConn agrees to pay ‘White Fragility’ author staggering amount for 3.5 hour anti-racism lecture - August 15, 2020
- California appeals court declares high-capacity magazine ban unconstitutional - August 15, 2020