If Donald Trump is the “worst president ever,” if he’s “crazy” or “mentally unfit,” if he is “unhinged” and “profoundly incompetent,” then why does he scare liberals so much? The obvious answer? Because he’s been effective.
It’s apparent that Trump’s none of these things, but he’s being called every name in the book simply because he’s been “winning.”
On Thursday, Rush Limbaugh shared a list of “55 ways Donald Trump Structurally Changed America in 2017.” Written by a liberal at New York Magazine, it reveals that all of the noise about Trump being a “dictator” and like Hitler are just that — noise.
Here is how Rush introduced the list on his radio show:
I mentioned earlier in the program that I had this massive story here — turns out it’s New York Magazine — on all of the things that have happened inside the Deep State, the administrative state, that are unraveling so much of what the liberal Democrats have instituted throughout the bureaucracy in decades. It’s a New York Magazine story by Nick Tabor. And I got the print size down to six pages.
I’m not gonna go through all of this, but I’m just give you enough of it as a flavor. “55 Ways Donald Trump Structurally Changed America in 2017,” is the headline of the story. The subhead: “These are the concrete actions his administration has taken to alter how the country works.”
The list itself is mainly comprised of ways that Donald Trump has deregulated the federal government and has enforced laws on the books, such as immigration. The president has acted within the duly granted powers of the executive branch — just in a way that progressives detest.
Examine the following entries from New York Magazine:
- Travel from eight countries is banned
- All refugees from 11 countries have been blocked from entering the U.S.
- Protections for the Dreamers have been rescinded
- The U.S. has backed out of the U.N.’s migration pact
- Federal prosecutors have been stripped of their discretion and ordered to seek maximum penalties
- Transgender students aren’t guaranteed the right to use their bathroom of choice (“Individual schools have the prerogative to keep the protection intact”)
- The U.S. has rescinded its commitment to the Paris climate accord
- And the State Department has approved construction of the Keystone XL pipeline
- The Arctic and Atlantic Oceans have been opened for more offshore drilling
- The subsidies that undergirded Obamacare have been wiped out
The thrust is that these are simply Trump initiatives that progressives happen to disagree with, but read like a wish list for many Republicans. Rescinding international commitments made by previous presidents, deregulating programs, and scaling back federal overreach is exactly what many conservatives want.
The president has largely delivered in his first year, although a majority of Americans wouldn’t know it because they can’t see it past the stylistics or the overwhelmingly negative press. Trump, however, has had to act as his own messenger:
If the effect of the liberal hysteria over Trump’s “structural transformation” of America is to frighten people, then it’s falling short with many who see their lives getting better everyday. It is actually just the unraveling of Obama’s “fundamental transformation” of the United States; or as Trump would put it, the drive to “Make America Great Again.”
- Denver sheriff defies ICE detainment request for illegal immigrant arrested in fatal hit-and-run - March 10, 2018
- Another porn star named in Stormy Daniels NDA and she accuses Trump of inappropriate ‘sexual touching’ - March 10, 2018
- Pardoned Navy sailor speaks out: Obama used me as scapegoat to take heat off Hillary Clinton - March 10, 2018