Shouldn’t he be focused on legal problems within his own business?
Conservative talk radio host and TheBlaze founder Glenn Beck predicted that the recent shake-up at Fox News Channel is a prologue to the cable news giant’s demise.
Beck claimed that the disintegration of Fox News began in July when its former CEO, Roger Ailes, tendered his resignation amid sexual harassment claims.
Fox News Channel and its parent company, 21st Century Fox, are owned by Australian publishing magnate Rupert Murdoch.
His two sons — Lachlan and James Murdoch — run the parent company, Lachlan as co-executive chairman and James as CEO.
Beck claimed that FNC’s future was discussed during his own three-year tenure with the network.
“We talked about this when we were there,” Beck said, according to Hollywood Reporter. “Roger is gone, and Rupert had to deal with the family — that the family and the wives and the children would kill it, and you’re seeing the end of the Fox News Channel.”
On his radio program Wednesday, Beck said that although the Ailes rumors of misconduct didn’t surprise him, but those involving former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly did, and referred to a show the two had taken on the road.
“He had access to very beautiful women,” he said. “We never saw him utter a word that was even blue humor. He was so buttoned up when he was around us, I find these charges hard to believe.”
Earlier this month, Beck became embroiled in a lawsuit when Tomi Lahren, a popular TV talent for TheBlaze, sued him and his company for wrongful discharge. Beck has since filed a counter claim to the lawsuit.
I find these charges hard to believe.
Posted by Glenn Beck on Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Folks on social media weren’t so sure about Beck’s gloomy prediction for Fox News.
Wake up right! Receive our free morning news blast HERE
— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) April 19, 2017
— Gail Cummins (@gailcummins314) April 19, 2017
— Jason Aycock (@AlphaJason) April 20, 2017
— StayGold (@StayGoldDopey) April 19, 2017
— Ralph de Bricassart (@MANX38) April 19, 2017
Beck was released from his contract with Fox News in 2011 when advertisers began balking at some of his controversial on-air theories and statements.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- ‘Act like a grownup’: Drunk driver sobs when she loses plea deal by coming 4 hours late to court - July 23, 2017
- ‘I would’ve fired her the day I met her’: Glenn Beck reveals more about Tomi Lahren mess - July 23, 2017
- Canadian thug beats 74-year-old cyclist bloody with a club in road rage fit– and they say US is more violent? - July 23, 2017
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.