In response to a bombshell report from Revolver News suggesting federal officers were involved in the January 6th Capitol riot, Rep. Matt Gaetz is calling on FBI Director Christopher Wray to release information related to the accusations.
In a letter to Wray dated June 15, Gaetz asked him to “fully disclose” any role federal agencies may have played in the breach of the U.S. Capitol.
“I am seeking your answers to clarify the following questions,” Gaetz wrote, citing three questions that were posed by Revolver News in a report published Monday.
The report noted there are more than 20 co-conspirators cited in indictments who have not been charged as other alleged rioters have been.
“Revolver News is willing to address the matter directly in the following three questions,” the report stated, listing the questions.
- In the year leading up to 1/6 and during 1/6 itself, to what extent were the three primary militia groups (the Oath Keepers, the Proud Boys, and the Three Percenters) that the FBI, DOJ, Pentagon and network news have labeled most responsible for planning and executing a Capitol attack on 1/6 infiltrated by agencies of the federal government, or informants of said agencies?
- Exactly how many federal undercover agents or confidential informants were present at the Capitol or in the Capitol during the infamous “siege” and what roles did they play (merely passive informants or active instigators)?
- Finally, of all of the unindicted co-conspirators referenced in the charging documents of those indicted for crimes on 1/6, how many worked as a confidential informant or as an undercover operative for the federal government (FBI, Army Counterintelligence, etc.)?”
Gaetz gave Wray a deadline of August 1st to respond to his letter posing the questions.
BREAKING: Congressman Matt Gaetz calls on FBI Director Christopher Wray to fully disclose the role and involvement of FBI operatives during the January 6th Capitol riot.
More details coming. pic.twitter.com/lviUHfhLyW
— Rep. Matt Gaetz (@RepMattGaetz) June 16, 2021
The Florida Republican is not the first congressman to question Wray. Rep. Paul Gosar asked Wray about the reported suppressed footage of the “assassination” of unarmed Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt.
.@RepGosar Full Questioning Of FBI Director Christopher Wray About January 6th
Congressman Gosar Asks Director Wray About The Surveillance Footage From Jan 6th, Information About The Killing Of Ashli Babbitt, & Enters Into The Record Revolver News’ Most Recent Report On Jan 6th pic.twitter.com/ApzpUJsdCR
— The Columbia Bugle 🇺🇸 (@ColumbiaBugle) June 16, 2021
“No, I really can’t weigh in on the facts and circumstances of that case. As you may know, that was investigated by the D.C. Metro’s internal affairs department with the DOJ Civil Rights Division and the U.S. Attorney’s Office. And the FBI was not the investigative agency,” Wray responded.
Gosar then requested to admit the Revolver News report to the record.
The report in question alleges that federal agents were involved in the planning of the Jan. 6th riot and were violent participants. In fact, more than 20 co-conspirators involved remain unindicted despite participating in worse activities than many supporters who are now serving jail time.
Revolver News explains the pattern they found in the charging documents from January 6th: “In many cases the unindicted co-conspirators appear to be much more aggressive and egregious participants in the very so-called ‘conspiracy’ serving as the basis for charging those indicted.”
The report questioned why this is and whether or not some participants are being shielded from charges because of their involvement as undercover agents or informants for government agencies.
The exposé was the subject of Tucker Carlson’s Wednesday evening monologue on Fox News Channel. Carlson pointed out that the tactic should not be unfamiliar to Americans because it was used just last fall in the alleged plot to kidnap Governor Gretchen Whitmer.
“It turns out one of the five people in the planned ‘Gretchen Whitmer kidnap van’ was an FBI agent in the van. Another was an FBI informant, and the feds admitted in these documents that an informant or undercover agent was ‘usually present’ in this group’s meetings,” Carlson said.
Carlson continued, saying that the FBI has a strategy of “encouraging people and assisting people to participate and plot, largely scripted by the FBI itself,” and pointed to the Islamic terror attack in Garland, Texas as evidence.
— Conservative News (@BIZPACReview) June 16, 2021
He alleged that an FBI employee “played an active role in that shooting.” Carlson then aired a CNN clip where a government official told Anderson Cooper that an undercover agent “had been texting with [suspect Elton] Simpson less than three weeks before the attack … which, to me, was an encouragement to Simpson.”
The Fox News host said that the comparison of January 6th to 9/11 is rooted in the tactics that government officials are using.
The FBI confirmed receipt of the letter, according to the Washington Examiner but offered no further indication on whether they plan to respond.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Christian nurse was ‘treated like a criminal,’ harassed by hospital for years over cross necklace, wins suit - January 10, 2022
- ‘No, Sandy, I don’t want to sleep with you!’ Tucker, Candace have fun with AOC’s ’10-margarita’ Miami rant - January 4, 2022
- ‘It’s now official’: Gov. Newsom goes online to boast that California is a universal vote by mail state - January 2, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.