Facebook so despises former President Donald Trump that they have even banned his voice from the social media platform.
But don’t worry, you can trust them to treat you fair and square, without prejudice, if you find yourself afoul of their standards — which is what will happen if you share video footage of the former president’s interview with daughter-in-law Lara Trump.
Taking place Tuesday evening, Lara Trump shared a message she said she received from Facebook after posting the interview.
“We removed content from Lara Trump’s Facebook page that featured President Trump speaking,” the message stated. “In line with the block we placed on Donald Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, further content posted in the voice of Donald Trump will be removed and result in additional limitations on the accounts.”
“…and just like that, we are one step closer to Orwell’s 1984. Wow. 🤯,” she added.
…and just like that, we are one step closer to Orwell’s 1984. Wow. 🤯
Eric Trump, Lara’s husband, took to Twitter to share a message from Instagram on the interview.
The message read:
I saw on Laura Trump’s Instagram account that she will be hosting an interview with President Donald Trump tonight. Just a reminder that content posted on Facebook and Instagram in the voice of President Trump is not currently allowed on our platforms (including new posts with President Trump speaking), and will be removed if posted, resulting in additional limitations on accounts that posted it.
This guidance applies to all campaign accounts and Pages, including Team Trump, other campaign messaging vehicles on our platforms, and former surrogates.
“This is Facebook friends! What an absolute slap in the face to 75 Million Americans,” he tweeted.
This is Facebook friends! What an absolute slap in the face to 75 Million Americans pic.twitter.com/UtBBhyNgaQ
— Eric Trump (@EricTrump) March 31, 2021
Lara plugged the Trump interview earlier in the day on Instagram, which is owned by Facebook.
View this post on Instagram
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg indefinitely banned Trump following the Jan. 6 storming of the U.S. Capitol.
“We believe the risks of allowing the president to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great,” Zuckerberg said in a statement. “Therefore, we are extending the block we have placed on his Facebook and Instagram accounts indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete.”
Of course, it has pretty much been established by now that the radical few who took things too far that fateful day had been planning their actions days and weeks ahead of the Stop the Steal rally the former president spoke at — his remarks were alleged to have incited the crowd.
Lara Trump, 38, is considering a run for U.S. senator in her home state of North Carolina, and she has launched her own podcast, “The Right View.”
A former producer for “Inside Edition,” she is taking full advantage of her television experience.
Tuesday’s interview with her father-in-law and former president is seen below, and whatever you do, don’t share it on Facebook or Zuckerberg’s Orwellian censors will search you out:
Trump senior adviser Jason Miller told Fox News earlier this month Trump will be returning to social media with his own platform.
“I do think that we’re going to see President Trump returning to social media in probably about two or three months here, with his own platform,” Miller said. “And this is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media, it’s going to completely redefine the game, and everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what exactly President Trump does.”
- Fmr. CA Sen. Barbara Boxer mugged in Oakland as libs give lip-service to getting tough on crime - July 27, 2021
- Costa Rican gymnast’s Olympic routine pays homage to Black Lives Matter — she didn’t make it to finals - July 26, 2021
- MSNBC’s Joy Reid makes a toast to bully who harassed Tucker Carlson in front of his daughter - July 26, 2021