Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE
CHECK OUT WeThePeople.store for best SWAG!
Op-ed views and opinions expressed are solely those of the author.
If the Democrats get away with stealing the presidential election, you can say goodbye to the America we all know and love. Obama tried to “fundamentally change America” into a socialist tyranny. Trump has undone a lot of the damage. A Biden/Harris administration will pick up where Obama left off, launching the nation into the leftist stratosphere. We will never go back.
Based on Trump’s performance, he deserved to win reelection. You may not like his bravado, but you can’t honestly deny that he brought home the results. Trump is the most successful president of my lifetime. He revived the economy, cut taxes, slashed unemployment, pulled us out of the Paris Accord, stood up to Chinese economic deceit, defended the border, put the kibosh on the Iran Deal, rebuilt the military and took care of our veterans, eliminated the hated Obamacare penalty, brokered peace in the Middle East, rolled back hundreds of onerous Obama regulations, and placed three constitutionalist justices on the Supreme Court. Trump did all this while under non-stop bombardment from the Washington bureaucracy, the mainstream media, social media, High Tech, academia, Hollywood, and Wall Street. Large segments of the voting public bought the anti-Trump propaganda. How quickly people forget.
There were two primary obstacles to a Trump victory: the Swamp and COVID-19. Proving that we no longer have freedom of the press, the mainstream media and social media pushed the Democratic Party line and blocked any news that might have hurt the Biden campaign. Evidence is emerging that the polls were rigged. Large segments of the voting public were completely unaware of the overwhelming evidence of Biden’s corruption. The reason: the media refused to report it. Facebook and Twitter did a thorough job of censoring anti-Biden posts, especially the New York Post article that broke the story of the Biden Crime Family. Had they known about it, millions of Biden supporters would have jumped ship.
Trump took on the Swamp with its impeachment fiasco, Russia collusion scam, and constant media assaults, but when the coronavirus came along and cast a shadow over his monumental achievements, that was too much even for Trump. Had the election taken place in February or March, Biden would have been annihilated. Trump reacted quickly to the spreading virus, stopping flights from China and providing needed medicines and hospital facilities, but it wasn’t enough. The media blamed COVID on the president, as though he had deliberately created it.
Under a Biden presidency, we can look forward to the following changes:
- The economy: Biden will create colossal business dislocation by extending the shutdown until 2022. He will raise taxes on corporations and propose a wealth tax on individuals, which will reverse all the good things Trump accomplished. Incentives will disappear. Companies will once again leave our shores for better pastures. Research and innovation will come to a halt. The middle-class taxpayer will pay the price as jobs and personal income go down, and prices go up on everything from gasoline to healthcare. Biden will put us back in the Paris Accords, which will further sap our economic strength in support of false science.
- Security and foreign policy: Biden will subvert our national security as he reinstates the Iran Deal, cuts back on the military, provides support for the Palestinians, enables China’s aggressive stance in the South China Sea and around the globe, and opens the southern border. He will encourage untold millions to cross our borders with the assurance that they will be able to vote in our elections and receive free healthcare, education for their children, welfare payments, unemployment benefits, housing assistance, legal advice, and social security. He will encourage MS-13 gang members to leave their homes in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras in order to wreak havoc in our peaceful suburbs. He will encourage Mexican drug cartels to expand their nefarious operations into Texas, Arizona, and anywhere else they please. He will encourage radical terrorist groups to infiltrate our borders and establish terrorist cells in our vulnerable cities. Biden’s reason for opening the border and granting citizenship to 20 million illegals is to add millions of Democratic voters, which will destroy the two-party system and bring us closer to a socialist tyranny.
- Social policy: Harris supports socialism, legalized drug use, domestic terrorism and anarchy, and unlimited illegal immigration. She has openly supported Medicare for all and the Green New Deal, which would complete the transformation of America into a socialist country. She has touted equality of outcome, which can only be accomplished by a tyrannical socialist government. Biden will divide the country by supporting identity politics. In his speech on Friday, he reaffirmed his commitment to ending what he calls systemic racism. This is a signal to racial extremists (the BLM crowd) that he will endorse affirmative action and the marginalization of white Americans. The Democrats also want to destroy our suburbs by prohibiting zoning for single-family homes.
- The rule of law: There is every reason to expect that influence peddling by Biden will become the customary way of doing business in the new White House. Heaven help us. Democratic governors and mayors are responsible, directly or indirectly, for the epidemic of street violence. Harris is with them. “Everyone beware,” she warned about continuation of the violent protests. “They’re not gonna stop before election day in November, and they’re not gonna stop after election day … They’re not gonna let up, and they should not.” When millions of aliens are permitted to enter the US, and sanctuary cities and states can deliberately disregard federal statutes, the rule of law becomes a thing of the past.
- Individual rights v. government intrusion: Have you noticed that every aspect of your life is controlled by the government? Expect that to increase geometrically under the new administration. The most frightening part of the Democratic Party’s agenda is its antipathy to the First Amendment. Speech that is critical of their policies is being labeled “hate speech.” Rep. Ocasio-Cortez has called for a list of social media posts from “Trump sycophants” so that they will be held “accountable” in the future. Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin agreed that Trump supporters “should never serve in office, join a corporate board, find a faculty position or be accepted into ‘polite’ society. We have a list.” Does this sound like the McCarthyism black list? Unquestionably.
Short of a call of election fraud by the courts, the best we can hope for is that the Republican Senate will stop the most radical of the Biden/Harris proposals. Otherwise, we are in for the fundamental change called for by Obama. By 2030, the US will not be recognizable. Here are just a few traditional values the Democrats would like to trash: freedom of speech; the primacy of individual rights over unlimited governmental power; due process and the rule of law; equality of opportunity via free-market competition; the right to own property and determine how that property will be used; acceptance of personal responsibility. The Democratic Party insists that our cherished values are obsolete.
Entertain no illusions about the likely results of Biden’s victory. The Democrats’ version of big government eventually will lead to oppressive control over the individual and the destruction of our standard of living. Look what similar policies did to Venezuela. In ten years, Venezuela went from a prosperous democracy to a cesspool where people are eating their pets. If you cherish Fido and Rover, wake up.
- Biden’s secret immigration policy is a slap in the face of every American - August 2, 2021
- Murderers go free — American justice is a criminal’s paradise - July 26, 2021
- Leftist madness endangers our republic - July 13, 2021