Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE.
While it’s hard to characterize the Democrat-led House Judiciary Committee that centered on Attorney General Bill Barr as anything more than a clown show, those on the right were impressed with the patience Barr displayed.
Fox News’ Greg Gutfeld aptly described Barr as “a calm gorilla swatting these stupid flies off his nose,” but there was a moment or two when the attorney general’s moxie was on display.
One such moment was when Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., chairman of the committee, tried to deny Barr a requested five-minute break, but a more forceful showing came when Rep. Joe Neguse, D-Colo., asked Barr a question “on penalty of perjury,” only to refuse him an opportunity to answer the question.
This was a common tactic by Democrats throughout the hearing, culminating with the comical moment when Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., would not allow the Trump official to answer a question and then accused of him of not wanting to answer his questions.
But when Neguse invoked the penalty of perjury, Barr insisted.
Neguse reminded Barr of his previous statement that the White House cooperated with Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, before asking, “Today, yes or no, Mr. Barr – under penalty of perjury – do you testify that that statement was true at the time you made it?”
"I'm going to answer the damn question."
Do these hysterical Democrat crybabies want a hearing or not?
Answer: no. But at least they could get a little bit better at scoring political points. This is just sad pic.twitter.com/QXP7HoxSuO
— Liz Harrington (@realLizUSA) July 28, 2020
“I thought it was true at the time I made it,” the attorney general replied. “Why wasn’t it true?”
Instead of offering any clarity, the not quite ready for prime time freshman lawmaker tried to ask another question, only to have Barr push the issue. Neguse shouted that he was “reclaiming” his time — a common refrain from Democrats throughout the day — insisting that Barr had already answered the question.
“No, actually I need to answer that question,” Barr countered.
“Mr. Attorney General, you did answer the question,” the Democrat replied.
“No. You said under penalty of perjury,” Barr then reminded the lawmaker. “I’m going to answer the damn question. OK?”
Republican lawmakers are heard laughing off-camera at Neguse being outclassed.
Barr would proceed to clarify that when he made the statement in question that he believed he was referring to the handing over of documents.
Here’s a sampling of the responses to the exchange from Twitter:
They’re purposely not allowing him to answer bc they know they’re wrong! They are grandstanding for their supporters!
— TMarieBisMe ✌🏼️🇺🇸 👠 (@tmarieBisMe) July 28, 2020
The truly pitiful thing is that, while Democrat lawmakers believe in their own minds they are “winning” the session, they are actually just making themselves look like horses a$$es. (With apologies to any horses I may have offended.)
— Bolder Trades (@BolderTrades) July 28, 2020
Omg this is humiliating to put someone like him in a Judiciary Committee. Ughhhh!!!!!
— ASouthernBelle (@CarlaSledge2) July 28, 2020
this is their ploy, dont let him answer the questions
— Sal Campione (@sabesnbills) July 28, 2020
hysterical democrats don’t like to hear the answers and screech “Reclaiming my time”…..
— Dead Zed (@pulgalization) July 28, 2020
The verbal abuse of the AG by Democrats on this committee will long be remembered by the AG…
The damn fools most likely don’t realize that they are only inciting him to a more extreme action regarding the upcoming exposing Democrat election corruption investigation.
— ViewPoint (@zephyr104) July 28, 2020
How old are you @JoeNeguse 12? You really think you have the intellectual firepower to spar with this man?
You better bring lunch bucko. 🤣
— Sean McGowan (@SeanMcG30560754) July 28, 2020
The whole hearing was cutting AG Barr off never letting him finish a sentence , accusations with no chance of ever explaining. Such a circus show again by Dems.
— Seaside Beauty🇺🇸🌻 (@livingonthebay) July 28, 2020
Hard to answer a question when you are interrupted while ATTEMPTING to ANSWER the question!
— A&E TODAY (@ceoaetnews) July 28, 2020
SEE HIGHLIGHTS OF BILL BARR’S HEARING
- Real news out of Barr hearing concerned Obama admin unmasking probe that fell through the cracks
- Barr laughs. Here’s the finger-waving absurdity that crossed the line for him.
- ‘I’m going to answer the damn question’: Barr outclasses freshman Dem invoking ‘penalty of perjury’
- ‘You’re a real class act’: Barr sums up day in response to Nadler denying him a 5 min break
- AG Barr slays Eric Swalwell and his misguided ‘standards’ in brutal hearing beatdown
- ‘I think I speak English’: AG Barr spars with Florida Dem Ted Deutch over Roger Stone sentence
- Hostile Ga Dem accuses Barr of not wanting to answer questions as he repeatedly interrupts in telling exchange
- AG Barr: Nightly riots cannot be called protests, ‘it is, by any objective measure, an assault’ on US gov
- Jim Jordan forces ‘Mr. Myth’ Nadler to face reality, plays footage of violent riots in stinging opener
- Be careful what you ask for! Bill Barr plans to clobber House Dems; see preview of the hearing
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Jonathan Turley says White House in ‘free fall’, DOJ in a ‘tough position’ after FBI searches Biden beach home - February 1, 2023
- Rare ‘nonpartisan gesture of humanity’ earns applause on House floor, before leftists distort Dem lawmaker’s joke - February 1, 2023
- Steve Bannon urges small RNC donors to ‘cut off the oxygen’ following Ronna McDaniel reelection - February 1, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.