Democratic Congressman John Yarmuth claims he opposes impeaching President Trump because the alternative would be disastrous for his party.
Yarmuth claims that if Trump were impeached, the GOP would nominate former UN ambassador Nikki Haley — not Vice President Mike Pence — to be its presidential nominee. And Haley would be tough for Democrats to beat in 2020, he insists.
Yarmuth’s bizarre speculation shows just how desperate the Democratic Party is over its imploding impeachment stunt. In reality, Yarmuth is probably trying to find a convenient excuse to explain why he opposes impeachment without angering his party. Yarmuth is from Kentucky, a state where President Trump is wildly popular.
Yarmuth told CNN: “If we remove [Trump] from office, I will guarantee you the Republican Party would not nominate Mike Pence to succeed him. They would nominate someone like Nikki Haley, who would be much more difficult for Democrats to defeat…I just think it could be bad politics.”
Yarmuth said: “I do think it’s the right thing to do to remove him from office…But I will say the political consequences of that might not be very good for Democrats.”
Actually, John Yarmuth should oppose impeachment because President Trump has committed no impeachable offenses.
The latest polls indicate that the impeachment hearings are failing to win over Independent voters, whom the Democrats are targeting to vote Trump out of office.
According to the latest YouGov poll, only 38% of Independents believe President Trump should be removed from office in the likelihood that the Democrat-led House of Representatives votes to impeach him. In contrast, 40% believe Trump should not be removed, while 22% are unsure.
In another potential death blow to Democrats, three new polls show that Trump’s approval among black voters has quadrupled to 34%. This is significant because Trump won the electoral college in a landslide in 2016 despite scoring just 8% approval from black voters.
New Polls: Black American support for President Trump:
— Patricia Dickson (@Patrici15767099) December 2, 2019
Republican strategist Deneen Borelli tweeted: “Democrats’ worst nightmare. Boom.”
— Deneen Borelli (@deneenborelli) November 23, 2019
As for Nikki Haley, it’s unclear if she is more electable than President Trump is. However, last month, Haley boldly predicted that Trump will not be impeached or removed from office, saying he did nothing wrong.
“You’re going to impeach a president for asking for a favor that didn’t happen and giving money that wasn’t withheld?” Haley told CBS Sunday Morning. “I don’t know what you would impeach him on!”
Haley continued: “Impeachment is like the death penalty for a public official. When you look at the transcript, there’s nothing in that transcript that warrants the death penalty for the president.”
Haley — a former Never-Trumper — has criticized President Trump before when she disagrees with him, so she’s fairly straightforward in her statements about him.
Besides, Nikki Haley underscored that the Ukrainians never investigated Joe Biden — and Trump gave Ukraine the financial and military aid they requested. In fact, Trump gave Ukraine far more financial and military assistance than Barack Obama ever did.
“The Ukrainians never did the investigation,” Haley underscored. “And the president released the funds! When you look at that, there’s just nothing impeachable there. The biggest thing that bothers me is that the American people should decide this. Why do we have a bunch of people in Congress making this decision?”
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- DOJ attorney in charge of election-crimes unit quits after AG Barr opens investigation - November 10, 2020
- ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa’: Neil Cavuto slammed after he cuts off Kayleigh McEnany presser - November 10, 2020
- Same media that cheered Stacey Abrams, Al Gore for refusing to concede attack Trump for same move - November 8, 2020
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.