Former Trump campaign adviser Michael Caputo dropped explosive new revelations about how special investigators didn’t seem to care about that a “contractor of the government agency” tried to give him Hillary Clinton-related emails.
Caputo, whose bombshell on Monday that he was approached by a second government informant while he was on the campaign for President Trump, added stunning new details on Fox News’ “Your World” on Tuesday.
“So you’re convinced there was more than one individual?” host Neil Cavuto asked.
“Absolutely, mostly because I was approached as well. But this time, what’s remarkable here to my approach is it happened in the first week of May in 2016. Very far off the timeline that the Mueller investigation and others are trying to hold as to when the investigation into the Trump campaign actually began,” Caputo replied.
“Actually I was approached by an intermediary who had been talking to a government official, a former government official who told him that they had Hillary Clinton related emails at that government organization,” he added, noting that the intermediary is a friend of his who willing to go on the record “at the right time.”
“He and I were both kind of amazed that we were getting this kind of a contact from a government organization,” Caputo said.
He explained that though he could not currently reveal the name the government agency, “actual staff members of the government agency” had the Clinton emails which he thought at the time may be the more than 30,000 emails that were supposedly missing.
“I came to the conclusion that I did not want to take possession of these emails,” Caputo said, thinking they might be classified documents. He urged the intermediary to go through proper whistleblower process to get the information out.
Caputo, who left the Trump campaign in June 2016, soon after the incident, said it made him “uncomfortable” and he didn’t bring the information to the Trump campaign because it might make him appear “kooky.”
“It was frightening to me. It could be a crime for me to take them into my own custody,” he told Cavuto, adding that he raised the issue with special investigators, but they didn’t even seem interested.
“I gave this information to the House Intelligence Committee. I gave this information to the Senate Intelligence Committee two weeks ago, and I gave this information to the Mueller team. They never reached out to the intermediary to check on it,” he said. “They didn’t even seem to be taking notes.”
He revealed that he passed on the timeline, the names and numbers of the intermediary and the government representative who has now “gone silent – we can’t fine him,” but there has been no follow up by the government.
Caputo admitted that although he did not want to be involved when he was approached about the emails, he didn’t give the incident much thought until October 2016 when until WikiLeaks revealed information about the Clinton campaign.
“It blew my mind,” Caputo said. “It struck me as why are we talking about WikiLeaks emails [in October] that somebody from the government was trying to give me in May.”
- Thirsty Madonna, 63, sprawls out on Jimmy Fallon’s desk, then flashes audience - October 9, 2021
- Appeals court reinstates Texas ‘fetal heartbeat’ law banning abortions after 6 weeks - October 9, 2021
- Family denied food for not having vax card; raw and powerful footage …THIS is how to fight back - September 16, 2021