Wall Street Journal reporter Kim Strassel shared some stunning analysis of her bombshell report detailing how the Obama administration weaponized the FBI and CIA to rig the 2016 election for Hillary Clinton by planting a spy inside the 2016 Trump campaign and illegally surveiling his aides.
Anonymous former operatives of the Obama FBI confirmed Strassel’s reporting to the New York Times, where they revealed that the covert operation to spy on Donald Trump when he was a private citizen was called “Crossfire Hurricane.”
In a tweetstorm, Strassel discussed how the leakers who had spied on the Trump campaign are using the New York Times to push their own narrative before the Inspector General releases his own findings, which will undoubtedly be damning.
Strassel pointed out that the New York Times downplays the illegal spying activity of the Obama FBI to “fix” a U.S. election. Keep in mind that the liberal media — especially the NYTimes and CNN — brutally mocked President Trump when he insisted that the Obama administration had spied on him.
“[The New York Times] makes it out like it isn’t a big deal,” Strassel tweeted. “It is a very big deal.”
It turns out that not only was Trump correct in his assessment, but the illegal and unethical surveillance by the Obama FBI and CIA were far worse than anyone had ever suspected.
Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 4, 2017
Trump: I was "wire tapped"
CNN: Haha. That idiot @realDonaldTrump thinks he was wiretapped.
..Six months later..
CNN: Trump was wiretapped
— Defend Assange Campaign (@DefendAssange) September 19, 2017
Here’s Kim Strassel’s tweetstorm breaking down “Hurricane Crossfire,” where the Obama FBI privately wasted taxpayer money to rig a public election:
1. So a few important points on that new NYT “Hurricane Crossfire” piece. A story that, BTW, all of us following this knew had to be coming. This is DOJ/FBI leakers’ attempt to get in front of the facts Nunes is forcing out, to make it not sound so bad. Don’t buy it. It’s bad.
2. Biggest takeaway: Govt “sources” admit that, indeed, the Obama DOJ and FBI spied on the Trump campaign. Spied. (Tho NYT kindly calls spy an “informant.”) NYT slips in confirmation far down in story, and makes it out like it isn’t a big deal. It is a very big deal.
3. In self-serving desire to get a sympathetic story about its actions, DOJ/FBI leakers are willing to provide yet more details about that “top secret” source (namely, that spying was aimed at Page/Papadopoulos)–making all more likely/certain source will be outed. That’s on them
4. DOJ/FBI (and its leakers) have shredded what little credibility they have in claiming they cannot comply with subpoena. They are willing to provide details to friendly media, but not Congress? Willing to risk very source they claim to need to protect?
5. Back in Dec., NYT assured us it was the Papadopoulos-Downer convo that inspired FBI to launch official counterintelligence operation on July 31, 2016. Which was convenient, since it diminished the role of the dossier. However .
6. Now NYT tells us FBI didn’t debrief downer until August 2nd. And Nunes says no “official intelligence” from allies was delivered to FBI about that convo prior to July 31. So how did FBI get Downer details? (Political actors?) And what really did inspire the CI investigation?
7. As for whether to believe line that FBI operated soberly/carefully/judiciously in 2016, a main source for this judgment is, um . . .uh . . . Sally Yates. Who was in middle of it all. A bit like asking Putin to reassure that Russia didn’t meddle in our election.
8. On that, if u r wondering who narrated this story, note paragraphs that assure everybody that hardly anybody in DOJ knew about probe. Oh, and Comey also was given few details. Nobody knew nothin’! (Cuz when u require whole story saying u behaved, it means u know you didn’t.)
Many on Twitter expressed their disgust at the collusion that occurred at the highest levels of the Obama administration simply to undermine a private American citizen.
Former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino summed it up perfectly, when he tweeted: “Make absolutely NO MISTAKE, today’s NY Times story on #CrossfireHurricane is a timed leak through the NY Times propaganda machine to head off the damaging information about to come out in the IG report. The NY Times is a disgrace, no better than Pravda.”
Fox News contributor Sara Carter agreed with Bongino, saying: “Absolutely. It was also confirmation that our intelligence apparatus was being used to spy on a presidential campaign. Crossfire Hurricane will be exposed for what it is and so much more.”
Absolutely. It was also confirmation that our intelligence apparatus was being used to spy on a presidential campaign. #CrossfireHurricane will be exposed for what it is and so much more https://t.co/538emjP8qq
— Sara A. Carter (@SaraCarterDC) May 17, 2018
Former CBS News reporter Sharyl Attkisson, who was spied on by the Obama FBI, reminded readers why the leakers are telling their story to the New York Times: To push their own narrative to make themselves look sympathetic.
Attkisson explained: “Do remember that when the national newspapers have inside info, it’s usually because insiders told them. For a reason. We in the media are routinely used as a tool by FBI, intel, etc. when they want to put out a narrative.”
Do remember that when the national newspapers have inside info, it's usually because insiders told them. For a reason. We in the media are routinely used as a tool by FBI, intel, etc. when they want to put out a narrative. https://t.co/3c0dxwYLSK
— Sharyl Attkisson?️♂️ (@SharylAttkisson) May 17, 2018
Mollie Hemingway of the Federalist quipped: “This NYT story says that FBI was worried that if it came out they were spying on Trump campaign it would ‘only reinforce his claims that the election was being rigged against him.’ Yes, I can imagine that would reinforce those claims. I mean, !!! !!! !!! !!!”
This NYT story says that FBI was worried that if it came out they were spying on Trump campaign it would "only reinforce his claims that the election was being rigged against him." Yes, I can imagine that would reinforce those claims. I mean, !!! !!! !!! !!!
— Mollie (@MZHemingway) May 16, 2018
#FBI OLD AND BUSTED: "we definitely weren't spying on Trump, that's a conspiracy theory"#FBI NEW HOTNESS: "Of course we were spying on Trump! With covert informants and electronic surveillance. It was our patriotic duty. What, you don't like it? You must be a bot or a bigot" https://t.co/wUFqklkFbB
— Undercover Huber (@JohnWHuber) May 16, 2018
Congratulations America, we are now into the second year of the greatest Witch Hunt in American History…and there is still No Collusion and No Obstruction. The only Collusion was that done by Democrats who were unable to win an Election despite the spending of far more money!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 17, 2018
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- Jill Biden trolled by Trump supporters at Wisconsin campaign stop: ‘Four more years!’ - September 29, 2020
- Minneapolis police begin probe of ballot harvesting claims allegedly tied to Ilhan Omar - September 29, 2020
- Coney Barrett likened to a Kardashian, pretending to be ‘loving, present mom’ in stunning line of attack - September 27, 2020