Sharyl Attkisson, an Emmy Award-winning investigative journalist, summarized James Comey’s memos chronicling his meetings with President Trump in a damning Twitter storm that show that Comey’s memos vindicate Trump and decimate his pal Robert Mueller’s investigation of Russian collusion and obstruction of justice.
Attkisson, a former CBS News reporter, pointed out that Comey never wrote in his memos that he felt obstructed or threatened by President Trump, thereby undercutting Mueller’s “obstruction of justice” probe.
Attkisson also noted that the Comey memos showed the former FBI boss “leaked at least one of these memos for the stated purpose of spurring the appointment of Special Counsel,” his longtime friend and mentor Robert Mueller.
Sharyl’s epic tweet storm begins as follows:
- Comey memos have been reviewed by several Repub members of Congress: Judiciary Comm Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), House Oversight and Government Reform Comm Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), and House Permanent Select Comm on Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Ca.).
- Statement from Republican chairmen: “These [Comey] memos are significant for both what is in them and what is not…[They] show the President made clear he wanted allegations of collusion, coordination, and conspiracy between his campaign and Russia fully investigated.”
- “The [Comey] memos also made clear the “cloud” President Trump wanted lifted was not the Russian interference in the 2016 election cloud, rather it was the salacious, unsubstantiated allegations related to personal conduct leveled in the dossier.”
- “The memos also show former Director Comey never wrote that he felt obstructed or threatened… he never once mentioned the most relevant fact of all, which was whether he felt obstructed in his investigation.”
- “[Comey] chose not to memorialize conversations with President Obama, Attorney General Lynch, Secretary Clinton, Andrew McCabe or others, but he immediately began to memorialize conversations with President Trump
- “It is significant former Director Comey made no effort to memorialize conversations w/ former Attorney General Lynch despite concerns apparently significant enough to warrant his unprecedented appropriation of the charging decision away from her and the [Justice Dept]”
- The memos show Comey was blind to biases within the FBI and had terrible judgment with respect to his deputy Andrew McCabe. On multiple occasions he, in his own words, defended the character of McCabe after President Trump questioned McCabe.”
- “[Comey] leaked at least one of these memos for the stated purpose of spurring the appointment of Special Counsel, yet he took no steps to spur the appointment of Special Counsel when he had significant concerns about the objectivity of… Attorney General Loretta Lynch.”
Sharyl Attkisson’s Twitter analysis spotlights the corruption and partisan bias at the upper levels of the FBI, which is still stacked with countless Obama holdovers who hate Trump and have been actively working to undermine him.
In September 2017, Attkisson said she was not surprised by reports that the Obama administration had spied on Donald Trump when he was a private citizen. Because that’s exactly what Obama did to her.
Attkisson said her computer and laptop were hacked after she did stories criticizing then-president Barack Obama. In 2015, Attkisson filed a federal lawsuit against the Obama Justice Department (and then-Attorney General Eric Holder) for breaking into her personal computer. That lawsuit continues to this day.
While the mainstream media have been grousing about President Trump being “mean” to them, Attkisson said the Obama administration weaponized federal intelligence agencies to spy on, intimidate, and silence reporters and political opponents.
Attkissin’s analysis echoed the sentiments of both liberals and conservatives, who agree that James Comey is making a fool of himself and damaging the FBI’s image. Fox News host Mark Levin pointed out that Comey’s memos help Trump and incriminate himself.
“These memos actually help the president,” Levin said. “There’s nothing incriminating in them! See the redacted areas? They incriminate Comey because he said he didn’t release classified information. At the bottom of a number of these pages, it says ‘Classified.’ Comey said he did not classify information so he’s got some explaining to do.”
— Conservative News (@BIZPACReview) April 20, 2018
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- Planned Parenthood vows to forgo federal funds rather than play by Trump’s new rules - July 17, 2019
- Obama FBI knew 90% of Steele dossier was false in 2017 but used it anyway to spy on Trump aides, report - July 17, 2019
- Tucker Carlson busts CNN for ‘literally raising money for’ Antifa terrorists - July 16, 2019