President Trump made headlines Wednesday by agreeing to testify under oath to the Mueller investigation. Now, it appears that Special Counsel Mueller may be ready to oblige the president.
After an exchange over Hillary Clinton’s testimony to the FBI, which was not given under oath, Trump agreed on the record to testify.
“So you would do it under oath?” the reporter asked him.
“I would do it under oath, absolutely,” Trump responded.
It appears that Special Counsel Mueller would take the president up on the offer, according to a CNN report.
“Special counsel Robert Mueller has provided lawyers for President Donald Trump with a range of topics he wants to ask about as part of ongoing negotiations regarding an interview with the President,” the report claimed.
“Mueller’s team has also made clear it is seeking a sit-down interview with Trump, according to these sources,” the report continued. “The President said Wednesday he is ‘looking forward’ to that interview, subject to the advice of his lawyers.”
Among the topics that Mueller is especially interested in, according to the leaked report:
- The firing of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn
- The President allegedly asking former FBI Director James Comey to drop the Flynn investigation
- Trump’s reaction to Comey’s May 2017 testimony on Capitol Hill
- The President’s outreach to intelligence leaders about the Russia investigation
According to the CNN report, it is unclear how many of Mueller’s questions would relate directly to purported collusion with the Russians to rig the 2016 election.
- Denver sheriff defies ICE detainment request for illegal immigrant arrested in fatal hit-and-run - March 10, 2018
- Another porn star named in Stormy Daniels NDA and she accuses Trump of inappropriate ‘sexual touching’ - March 10, 2018
- Pardoned Navy sailor speaks out: Obama used me as scapegoat to take heat off Hillary Clinton - March 10, 2018