Once upon a time, Hollywood was inhabited by true rebels who weren’t afraid to make unpopular statements. Since then, La-La Land has devolved into a vapid cesspool of hypocritical leftist group-think.
That’s what pro-Trump street artist Sabo observed of his hometown. Sabo, the rare outspoken conservative in liberal Los Angeles, says being a conservative is the new counter-culture.
“Republicans are the new punk,” Sabo told the Guardian. “I’m pretty much the only right-winger doing guerrilla art. I’m like Patient Zero, the first one doing this on our side.”
Sabo has made a name for himself by not giving a damn if he gets accepted by his leftist Hollywood comrades. In a city where mainstream popularity is the holy grail, Sabo isn’t afraid to be criticized for stating his beliefs, including the following:
- Letting in hordes of unvetted Muslim refugees would ruin the United States the way it has ruined Europe.
- Illegal immigration is hurting minorities.
- You shouldn’t expect the government to give you free stuff because you’re too lazy to work for it.
- Maxine Waters is a race-baiting clown
- Hillary Clinton is a criminal who used the government as her own personal slush fund.
“I think leftism is a mental disorder,” Sabo said. “I truly believe I’m fighting the good fight … I cater to the street urchins, the young people. I want them to understand that there’s another message out there.”
Earlier this year, Sabo mocked hypocritical celebrities who refused to move to Canada even though they swore they’d leave the United States if Donald Trump were elected president.
Sabo has since created other artworks, such as one saying Congresswoman Maxine Waters should be impeached and another mocking Bernie Sanders for promising “free sh*t” in exchange for Democratic votes.
Sabo supports President Trump, but wasn’t always a fan. Like many people (including many Trump supporters), he was initially put off by the brash billionaire.
He came around after realizing Trump — a true rebel — was not afraid to stand up for his beliefs, even if it meant the mainstream media mob would defame and ridicule him. “
The day I came to love Donald Trump was when I saw how hard he was kicking liberals in the teeth,” Sabo laughed.
He says the left’s destructive “resist Trump” movement — which celebrates censorship of conservative viewpoints and violence against Trump supporters — is disgusting.
“The whole climate is sick right now,” he said. “The left are the ones who dehumanize [those they disagree with].”
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- ‘Do not go there!’ Judge Jeanine and Juan Williams get into heated shouting match on ‘The Five’ - November 19, 2019
- Colin Kaepernick’s failed PR stunt backfires: ‘He don’t want to play…he wants to be a martyr’ - November 18, 2019
- Trump slams ‘nasty, obnoxious’ Chris Wallace for ‘dumb & unfair’ interview with Steve Scalise - November 18, 2019