The Secret Service issued an unusual press release about last week’s White House intruder, admitting its agents were “disappointed” in the how the incident transpired.
The press release on Friday addressed the “White House fence jumper” who breached security last Friday and was on the grounds for several minutes before being apprehended near the south entrance to the executive residence while President Trump was inside.
Secret Service issues unusual press release over White House intruder | New York Post https://t.co/6uyhzxt85a
— Toni Muskett (@ToniMuskett) March 18, 2017
The Secret Service admitted “on background’’ that its agents “are extremely disappointed and angry in how the events of March 10th transpired.’’
Secret Service statement by New York Post on Scribd
While the term “on background” indicates the person releasing the information wishes to remain unidentified, it is unusual for that to appear directly on the official press release.
“Immediate steps have been taken to mitigate lapses in security protocols even as the investigation continues,” the press release concluded. “These steps include additional posts, technology enhancements, and response protocols.”
President Trump called the alleged intruder, identified as 26-year-old Jonathan Tran, a “troubled person” but was appreciative of the “fantastic job” the Secret Service did in protecting him.
But Tran was on the property for 17 minutes before he was apprehended, having first “breached an outer perimeter fence near the Treasury complex” that is five-feet high.
“The individual then proceeded to climb over a 3 ½ foot fence near the SE corner of the East Wing of the White House grounds,” the Secret Service press release detailed. “Uniformed Division Officers attempted to ascertain the location and identity of the individual.”
Dan Bongino, a former Secret Service agent under presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama said the incident proved the president is “not safe” in the White House.
“That just shows the president is not safe there – in the White House. The Secret Service does not have the assets, they don’t have personnel on the ground they need to keep him safe,” he said. His full remarks from the stunning interview can be found here.
Wake up right! Receive our free morning news blast HERE
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Minnesota Dems promote bills to ban gas-powered lawnmowers, chainsaws - February 18, 2023
- KJP shows off her contempt for Trump with unnecessary jab during comms director’s sendoff - February 11, 2023
- DOJ ramps up a ‘mere review’ to full-fledged investigation after latest Biden doc discovery - January 12, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.