Mitt Romney dined with Donald Trump and the press ate it up.
The failed 2012 presidential candidate enjoyed dinner with President-elect Trump at French eatery Jean-Georges near New York’s Central Park amid continuing speculation that Romney is being considered for Secretary of State.
— Hunter Walker (@hunterw) November 30, 2016
Reince Priebus also attended the dinner, where the unsuspecting trio was photographed by several sharp-eyed reporters.
The dinner menu for the president-elect included the following, according to the NY Post:
- Appetizers: Garlic soup with thyme and sautéed frog legs
- Small plates: Diver scallops with caramelized cauliflower and a caper raisin emulsion
- Main Course: Prime sirloin with a citrus glaze or lamb chops with mushroom bolognese sauce.
- Dessert: Chocolate cake (and humble pie for Mittens).
— The New York Times (@nytimes) November 30, 2016
Romney — who did everything he could to stop Trump from getting elected — said he feels optimistic about the future of the United States with Trump as president:
“I happen to think America’s best days are ahead of us and I think you’re going to continue to see America lead the world in this century. And what I’ve seen through these discussions I’ve had with president-elect Trump — as well as his selection as part of his transition — all of those things combined give me increasing hope that president-elect Trump is the very man that can lead us to that future.”
Romney’s sycophantic praise is a shocking about-face from months ago, when he held two press conferences to trash Trump as a “fraud, a phony, and a con man.”
We know first-hand that censorship against conservative news is real. Please share stories and encourage your friends to sign up for our daily email blast so they are not getting shut out of seeing conservative news.
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- Laura Ingraham, adoptive mom of 3, attacked for ‘summer camp’ analogy - June 19, 2018
- James Woods shuts down Hillary’s faux border outrage with 3 tiny words, but they were pure gold - June 19, 2018
- Payback! Trump 2020 flag interrupts Robert De Niro’s play. Actor engages in politics, so politics engage him. - June 18, 2018