Mitt Romney dined with Donald Trump and the press ate it up.
The failed 2012 presidential candidate enjoyed dinner with President-elect Trump at French eatery Jean-Georges near New York’s Central Park amid continuing speculation that Romney is being considered for Secretary of State.
Reince Priebus also attended the dinner, where the unsuspecting trio was photographed by several sharp-eyed reporters.
The dinner menu for the president-elect included the following, according to the New York Post:
- Appetizers: Garlic soup with thyme and sautéed frog legs
- Small plates: Diver scallops with caramelized cauliflower and a caper raisin emulsion
- Main Course: Prime sirloin with a citrus glaze or lamb chops with mushroom bolognese sauce.
- Dessert: Chocolate cake (and humble pie for Mittens).
Romney — who did everything he could to stop Trump from getting elected — said he feels optimistic about the future of the United States with Trump as president:
“I happen to think America’s best days are ahead of us and I think you’re going to continue to see America lead the world in this century. And what I’ve seen through these discussions I’ve had with president-elect Trump — as well as his selection as part of his transition — all of those things combined give me increasing hope that president-elect Trump is the very man that can lead us to that future.”
Romney’s sycophantic praise is a shocking about-face from months ago, when he held two press conferences to trash Trump as a “fraud, a phony, and a con man.”
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- German official vows to ‘open any doors’ to get Twitter to move to Germany, where it’ll be ‘a perfect fit’ - May 29, 2020
- Dem New Mexico Gov under fire for side-stepping her own lockdown order to purchase jewelry - May 28, 2020
- McCarthy shreds Pelosi’s voting by proxy power grab: One Dem just voted 7 times, NOT what Founders had in mind - May 28, 2020