NBC’s Lester Holt is in, but conservative CNN commentator Mary Katharine Ham is a no-no as Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump‘s choice of debate moderators.
CNN’s Dana Bash is a possibility as well, Trump told radio host Hugh Hewitt on Thursday.
“I think Lester Holt is a good guy,” Trump said toward the end of his conversation with Hewitt.
Of Bash, Trump said, “I think she’s had moments of great fairness.”
Of Ham, he told Hewitt, ” … she is not a fan of mine, and I’ve never gotten along with her.”
“I don’t know her. I don’t know her, but she says only bad things, so let’s cross her name off,” Trump told Hewitt.
Hewitt also pitched television journalists like NBC’s Chuck Todd, CNN’s Jake Tapper and Wolf Blitzer.
“We don’t know who the moderator is at the first debate,” Trump said.
Three debates are scheduled between Trump and Democratic hopeful Hillary Clinton. All of the debates will be broadcast from 9-10:30 p.m. Eastern.
- Monday, Sept. 26 at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York
- Sunday, Oct. 9 at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
The vice presidential candidates — Republican Gov. Mike Pence and Democrat Sen. Tim Kaine — will debate Oct. 4 at Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- What’s more trusted than Hillary? This condom marketer has the hilarious answer - August 25, 2016
- Hillary’s cozy relationship with media making it difficult to find an ‘unbiased’ moderator for first debate - August 25, 2016
- Al Roker’s ’embarrassing’ over-the-top behavior left some ‘Today’ show staff squirming - August 24, 2016
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.