Lewandowski: Fields debacle ‘huge distraction,’ ready to double efforts on electing Trump

Want more hot BPR News stories? Sign up for our morning blast HERE

Donald Trump’s campaign manager said he was relieved that a Florida prosecutor decided not to pursue criminal charges against him and was thankful that his boss stood behind him.

The charges that had been pending were the result of an incident at a Florida campaign event where Corey Lewandowski had allegedly grabbed the arm of former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields and yanked her back.

“I’m glad it’s behind us,” he told Fox News host Sean Hannity in an exclusive interview Thursday. “I’m glad there’s no charges moving forward.”

He also told Hannity that the pending charge affected the entire campaign.

“This was a huge distraction for the campaign and it should never have been,” he said. “If Michelle Fields wanted to have a conversation we could have had a conversation privately and not made it the story that it is today. I’m sorry that this has become the story that it is today. So, I’m glad it’s behind us, I’m glad there’s no charges moving forward, and I’m ready to double my effort on this campaign to make sure Mr. Trump is elected.”

Reflecting on the brouhaha that resulted from the allegations, Lewandowski said, “Everything is politically correct nowadays.”

Watch the exchange via Fox News.

Sign up for our morning blast HERE

Powered by Topple

Comments

Latest Articles