Donald Trump, a master at dominating the news cycle, has done it again.
Escalating a nasty feud with Fox News, the Republican presidential front-runner’s campaign manager Corey Lewandowski let it be known that Trump will skip Thursday’s scheduled debate being hosted by the network.
“We’ll have an event here in Iowa, with potentially another network, to raise money for wounded warriors,” Lewandowski told CNN late Tuesday. “And Fox will go from probably having 24 million viewers to about 2 million.”
— CNN (@CNN) January 27, 2016
Trump told reporters earlier in the day, “most likely, I won’t be doing the debate.”
“I didn’t like the fact that they sent out press releases, toying, talking about Putin, and playing games,” the real estate tycoon said in reference to a “wise-guy” press release Fox News released Tuesday. “I don’t know what games Roger Ailes is playing,”
“They can’t toy with me like they toy with everybody else,” Trump said. “Now let’s see how many people watch.”
The candidate’s point of contention is that Fox News host Megyn Kelly has treated him unfairly and that she should not be a debate moderator, which the network rejects.
The bad blood between Trump and Kelly began during the first Fox News debate in August, when Trump took exception to her line of questioning about women, and the fallout ensued from that exchange.
- Biden goes through media to ‘lobby’ France’s Macron to take his call after botched sub deal - September 20, 2021
- Greenwald jumps on ‘servants’ pampering AOC; drops hammer on ‘two-tiered mask system’ in US - September 20, 2021
- FBI isolates parents, storms home of missing Gabby’s boyfriend - September 20, 2021