Another report has emerged indicating that former Fox News host Tucker Carlson may be preparing to go to war with the network.
As previously reported, the first report emerged from The New York Times on Friday.
“Tucker Carlson is making it clear to people close to him that he would like to be back on the air somewhere soon. But he first needs Fox News to agree to a deal that would allow him to work elsewhere,” the Times reported.
The problem is, as previously noted, that Carlson’s contract runs until January 2025, meaning that — for the time being — he may not appear anywhere else. But on the other hand, were Fox News to prematurely release him from his contract, then he’d be able to accept any number of offers to work elsewhere.
Now fast-forward to Sunday, when Axios published its own exclusive report warning that Carlson “is preparing to unleash allies to attack Fox News in an effort to bully the network into letting him work for — or start — a right-wing rival.”
• Carlson is plotting his own media empire. But he needs Fox to let him out of his contract
• He’s gotten offers that’d pay more than Fox https://t.co/1SsKQEguV2
— Mike Allen (@mikeallen) May 7, 2023
“They’re coming to him and saying: ‘Do you want me to hit Fox?’ He’s been saying: ‘No. I want to get this done quiet and clean.’ Now, we’re going from peacetime to Defcon 1. His team is preparing for war. He wants his freedom,” one of the outlet’s sources, a “close friend” of Carlson’s, said.
Another source added that the former Fox News host “knows where a lot of bodies are buried, and is ready to start drawing a map.”
Axios even obtained the following ominous statement from Carlson’s lawyer, Bryan Freedman: “The idea that anyone is going to silence Tucker and prevent him from speaking to his audience is beyond preposterous.”
This bombshell comes two days after popular conservative commentator Megyn Kelly posted a tweet urging Carlson to void his contract with Fox News and go berserk mode on the network.
“Tucker should walk away & forfeit the pay. Let Fox take him to court over the sole issue of silencing him for the rest of the election season (!)-the man they fired & smeared relentlessly while he stayed silent. See how their dwindling audience repays them for that,” she tweeted Friday.
Tucker should walk away & forfeit the pay. Let Fox take him to court over the sole issue of silencing him for the rest of the election season (!)-the man they fired & smeared relentlessly while he stayed silent. See how their dwindling audience repays them for
— Megyn Kelly (@megynkelly) May 6, 2023
Axios sources also revealed that Carlson is considering “building a direct-to-consumer media outlet where his millions of fans could pay to watch him.”
However, several competing networks have expressed great interest in him, including Newsmax.
Last month, several sources revealed that “the news channel is doing everything it can to sweeten the deal for Tucker to come on board — including floating the idea of letting him program the whole channel, not just his own show,” as reported by TMZ.
“That would be a pretty enticing deal point … in addition to having his own primetime show, Tucker would have a say over what shows lead into and out of his show, which can be key in achieving bigger TV ratings,” the report continued.
Now, to be clear, the sources said Newsmax hasn’t actually offered Carlson a job yet, since his Fox News contract is still active for the time being. But they have made it clear to “people around him” that they’re willing to give him the reins of the ship.
According to TMZ, NewsNation is also interested in Carlson, as well as in just-ousted CNN talking head Don Lemon.
The latest development comes as a bit of a surprise, because at first, it seemed like Carlson was perfectly fine with everything.
In fact, while delivering his first post-termination speech at the annual fundraising event for Rainbow Omega last Thursday in Oxford, Alabama, he even joked about his firing.
“I’m probably the first unemployed person you ever invited to speak. It’s funny. I rarely give speeches because I’m working, and when I accepted this speech six months ago, I didn’t realize how much free time I would have. One never knows, does one,” he said.
— Bo Snerdley (@BoSnerdley) May 6, 2023
Dovetailing back to today’s original scoop, Carlson’s fans seem pleased by the news that he’s eager to make a comeback sooner rather than later.
❤️ let’s go!
— SamJ❤️ (@SamJuneau) May 7, 2023
Hope he kicks their ass
— Duceman (@duceman05) May 7, 2023
I’m on #Teamtucker
— Chopper Rocker ❤️ (@chopperrocker1) May 7, 2023
Hell hath no fury like a Tucker scorned.
— Cyrus Aurelius (@Aurelius_Cyrus) May 7, 2023
If Tucker moves to Twitter Spaces exclusively, the universe might not be able to handle it.
— Marauder Magazine (@MarauderMag) May 7, 2023
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Jen Psaki panics, asks where’s the Republican ‘bed-wetting’ over Trump being likely nominee - October 1, 2023
- Shocking number of French back limiting air travel, but climate zealots set a CRAZY limit - October 1, 2023
- Former ABC journalist gets just 6 years for child porn – videos included infant being raped - October 1, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.