(Video Credit: FOX 9 Minneapolis-St. Paul)
A Minnesota principal is under fire for allowing a boy to remain in school after he was accused of sexually assaulting two classmates and then vowing to punish any student who participated in a walkout to protest his actions.
Principal Marco Voce of Zimmerman Middle/High School also called the police on a concerned mother who was questioning his decision to allow the boy to stay in the same hallways and classrooms as his purported victims, Daly Mail reported.
Parents were enraged at the principal and the school board who refused to address the issue at a meeting on Monday.
Last Friday, students defied the principal and staged a walkout to show solidarity with the two students who were allegedly sexually assaulted by the boy. Voce had warned them that they could be suspended for doing so.
“ISD 728 does not condone, support, or sponsor student walkouts,” Voce declared in a letter sent to parents. “… students who participate in a walkout that violates any ISD 728 policy, which includes any type of bullying, harassment, discrimination etc., may receive significant discipline which could include out of school suspension.”
The students walked out anyway and brandished signs that said, “ISD 728 how would you like to be in class with your rapist?”
A mother of a girl who attends the high school, Cassie Bonine, went to the school board meeting hoping to ask questions and get clarification on the matter. However, parents were not allowed to inquire about the issue during the meeting.
“We were all denied,” she told the Daily Mail during an interview on Thursday. “None of us were allowed to speak at the meeting.”
She would later run into Voce and ask him why he hadn’t responded to her email sent five days previously regarding the alleged sexual assaults. Voce claimed he never received her email. After returning from a good cry in the bathroom, the mother showed him the email on her phone, according to Daily Mail.
“I then asked him if he had children. He said he had two daughters,” she recounted. “And I asked him what if it were your daughters? How would you feel in this situation?”
A few days after that encounter, the police showed up at Bonine’s home. She was handed a trespassing notification that forbids her from going onto school property for a year.
“The trespass notice is given due to your verbal altercation with principal Marco Voce, which you instigated, was witnessed by others and was acknowledged on social media and was considered to be aggressive, intimidating, and inappropriate,” the notice stated.
The mother admits she raised her voice but denies threatening Voce or being aggressive.
“And now I am no longer allowed to step foot on the school grounds that my daughter attends,” she noted. “I can’t drop her off. I can’t pick her up. I can’t attend her volleyball games. I can’t go to her conferences. If she’s sick, I can’t go there. If she’s injured, I can’t go there.”
Bonine is now reportedly in the process of transferring her daughter to a different school district.
Other parents were enraged following the board meeting. They were incensed that they were not allowed to speak and express their concerns.
“I just think that’s horrible,” Beth McClelland said via TikTok. “I’m not sure if I’m being out of line, but I just feel like if you were a parent of a child who sexually assaulted another person, why would you even want them at that school?”
“Their reputation is going to be probably pretty terrible and as a parent, you’d want to respect the victim. The victim shouldn’t have to change her life,” she commented.
The incident appears very similar to the one that took place in Loudoun County where a parent named Scott Smith appeared at a school board meeting after a gender-fluid student had reportedly raped his daughter in a bathroom stall at school. He was subdued by the police, bloodied, handcuffed, and arrested. The Smith family is now suing the school district in a very high-profile case.
Another case in Charlotte, North Carolina is just as bad and indicates a disturbing trend across the nation.
A 15-year-old North Carolina girl was suspended from high school and then outrageously ordered to take a class called “sexual harassment is preventable” after she reported being sexually assaulted by a male classmate, according to the Daily Mail.
The teenager told a local media station that she was harassed almost every day by a fellow Hawthorne Academy High School student. She reported his actions as they intensified.
“He would, like, come into the bathroom and he would push me into the stall,” she told WBTV. “He put his hands in my pants and then he was like touching my breasts.”
(Video Credit: WBTV News)
She reported the assault to the school, who informed the police. The boy was charged with sexual battery.
Then, school administrators accused her of filing a false report and gave her a one-day suspension for it.
“The school did their investigation, gave me a phone call, and said, ‘Hey, look, unfortunately, it looks like there’s no evidence that shows that what your daughter saying took place,” the mother stated.
“[They told me] ‘We’re going to have to give her a day of suspension, so then I asked the principal, ‘Well if the police are telling me that he did do these things, he admitted to them, and that I have the right to press charges, you’re telling me this didn’t happen?’ And she said, ‘Well, unfortunately, what the law does has nothing to do to do with CMS, so, unfortunately, we have nothing else that we can do about this,'” she said.
- ‘Burn in hell’: Horrifying messages target Eric Bolling, his dead son over segment on Biden - November 27, 2021
- GOP Rep introduces bill to give Kyle Rittenhouse a Congressional Gold Medal - November 27, 2021
- ‘Says the guy who threatens to beat people up a lot’: Chris Cuomo is unhappy with self-defense definition - November 27, 2021