Georgia man pleads guilty to attacking ex-wife then rushing in to play ‘hero’

A Georgia man attempted a twisted game of “Two Truths and a Lie” with his ex-wife for which he was awarded a 70-year sentence last month.

The man, who was reportedly on friendly terms with his ex-wife, first broke into her house and second, proceeded to attack her.

While these first two actions were the “truths,” his “lie” was when he turned around and went back to the house to “protect” her and pretend to be her knight in shining armor.

Rodney Metzer pled guilty to 14 different charges, including kidnapping, home invasion, burglary in the first degree, armed robbery, and multiple assault charges among other charges according to the Cherokee County District Attorney. The first 25 years of the 70-year sentence will be served in confinement and the remainder 0n probation.

“I’m sitting there trying to rub my eyes,” Morgan Metzer said, recalling the horrific incident.

“Every woman’s worse fear is to wake up to that,” she said. “That voice still to this day just haunts me when I sleep.”

She was home alone just after midnight on New Year’s Day when her masked husband pinned her down and brutally beat her.

“I could feel his finger on the trigger of the gun,” she remembered in an interview with Fox5. “And I was like, ‘This is it. I’m gone.’”

But then he abruptly stopped.

“He decided to strangle me. Two times. Once to the point I barely had any breath left. I thought it was going to be my last breath.”

Then he stopped strangling her, deciding to zip tie her hands instead before sexually assaulting her and covering her head with a pillowcase.

“On his way out he kept saying ‘You messed up. You’re going to be fine but we can’t say that about your ex-husband. You’re really going to miss him,'” he allegedly said with a mechanically distorted Batman-like voice before leaving her on the back deck before fleeing the scene and telling her to wait for two successive car honks before she moved.

(Video Credit: Fox5)

“I was just nervous that other people were sitting out there waiting for me,” she recalled. “So I didn’t move at all.”

Her 36-year-old ex-husband told police officers that he heard a tap on his apartment window by someone who called his ex-wife’s name which brought him to her house that night.

“Instantly heard Rod’s voice — ‘Oh baby, what happened? What happened? I’m so sorry.’”

“He was extremely shocked by what I looked like,” she explained. “But not a shock of ‘Oh my gosh, who did this to you,’ but ‘Oh my gosh, look what I just did to her.’”

“There’s no way in hell that somebody knocks on your window and said her name and you immediately come over here because you’re going to check on her,” Sgt. Robert Haugh said to Rodney the night of the crime. “And she happens to be bound with a pillowcase over her head by a man who’s disguising his voice.”

The crime was solved relatively quickly partly due to the only item stolen during the incident, Morgan’s cell phone, which was used to delete the security camera footage although it continued recording after the incident.

Rodney’s computer search history also had incriminating evidence of searches including, “how to choke someone unconscious,” and “how to change the sound of your voice.” Store security footage also showed Rodney purchasing the zip ties he used to restrain his ex-wife.

“The Cherokee Sheriff’s Office should be commended for the excellent investigation of this case,” said the prosecutor, Assistant District Attorney Rachel Ashe. “This man is a master manipulator. In the days leading up to this attack, he faked a cancer diagnosis in an attempt to gain sympathy from his ex-wife. When that didn’t work, he created a convoluted plan that the investigators in this case and our office truly believe involved a plot to kill her and then himself. When he couldn’t go through with that plan, he instead devised a new plan to rescue her. Fortunately, Sheriff’s Office investigators saw through this scheme and quickly arrested the defendant.”

“This defendant planned a violent attack on his ex-wife that included breaking into her home, disguising himself, and pistol-whipping her. He left her outside on a cold winter night, face down, tied up with a pillowcase over her head,” District Attorney Shannon Wallace told WSB-TV. “I cannot imagine how terrifying this must have been for her. This is a classic example of how the most dangerous time for a domestic violence victim is when she decides to leave an abusive relationship.”


Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you've commented with us before, we'll need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Latest Articles