Former Fox News host Ed Henry has filed a lawsuit against the network’s CEO, Suzanne Scott, over her alleged accusation that he’s a “sex criminal” after he was fired last year amid a rape claim.
In addition, the suit claims that Scott made her accusations against Henry while she herself was engaged in a cover-up of an affair between the network’s president and a subordinate staffer.
Henry was dismissed about a year ago over an allegation of sexual misconduct that occurred “years ago,” according to a memo obtained by BizPac review at the time. The network hired an outside legal firm to “independently investigate the claims” after receiving a complaint from the attorney of a former employee.
“On Thursday, June 25, we received a complaint about Ed Henry from a former employee’s attorney involving willful sexual misconduct in the workplace years ago,” the memo said. “We immediately retained an outside law firm (which has never represented FOX News in investigations or litigation) to independently investigate the claims.
“Ed was suspended the same day and removed from his on-air responsibilities pending investigation. Based on investigative findings, Ed has been terminated,” the memo added.
It was later revealed that the allegation allegedly involved a claim of rape.
In his suit, Henry says that Scott “sandbagged” him after issuing her statement and “lending credence to the false allegations because she was trying to save her own career and burnish her image as a tough, no nonsense female executive who cleaned up Fox News.”
Henry’s suit further accuses the network boss of being “an instrument to cover up the existence of sexual misconduct at Fox News” while alleging she “had such a well-known history of whitewashing actual instances of ‘willful sexual misconduct’ by Fox News employees, including a widely-known affair between a subordinate and Fox News President Jay Wallace, i.e. the same Jay Wallace who co-signed the public statement that defamed Mr. Henry.”
The former network host also claims that Wallace himself was also investigated for “an inappropriate relationship with a subordinate” that was summarily “covered up by Ms. Scott.”
Thus, Henry was fired “in order to divert attention from Ms. Scott’s long history of covering up actual misconduct,” the lawsuit further alleges.
In addition, Henry has also accused Fox News of having an “unabashed focus on money, at the expense of legitimate news stories.”
“As we stated one year ago, FOX News Media conducted a thorough independent investigation into Ed Henry immediately after we were made aware of a serious misconduct claim against him by a former employee,” a network spokesperson said in a statement Wednesday evening.
“Based on the results of those findings, we promptly terminated Mr. Henry’s employment for willful sexual misconduct and stand by the decision entirely,” the spokesperson added.
“We are fully prepared to vigorously defend against these baseless allegations as Mr. Henry further embarrasses himself in a lawsuit rife with inaccuracies after driving his personal life into the ground with countless extramarital affairs in a desperate attempt for relevance and redemption,” the statement continued.
Fox News issues three statements in response to the Ed Henry lawsuit pic.twitter.com/C0iYmkCVSs
— Aidan McLaughlin (@aidnmclaughlin) July 1, 2021
The spokesperson also addressed Scott and Wallace.
“Under the leadership of CEO Suzanne Scott, FOX News Media has worked tirelessly to transform the company culture, implementing annual, mandatory in-person harassment prevention training, creating an entirely new reporting structure, more than tripling the size of our HR footprint, conducting quarterly company meetings and mentoring events, as well as executing a zero tolerance policy regarding workplace misconduct for which we engage outside independent firms to handle investigations,” the spokesperson said.
“No other company has enacted such a comprehensive and continuous overhaul.”
- New ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ store opens in Massachusetts, with LGB swag all the rage for the holidays - December 6, 2021
- Stefanik presses NY Gov. Hochul to tidy up ‘criminal cesspool’ left behind by the Cuomo brothers - December 5, 2021
- One more jab: CDC’s Walenski confirms FDA working to streamline approval for omicron-variant vaccine - December 5, 2021