Jon Street, Campus Reform
- Leftist comedian Bill Maher spoke out against Critical Race Theory on his show Friday, calling it “insane.”
- Acknowledging that “there is racist problems in this country,” Maher said that Critical Race Theory is “hyperbole.”
Leftist comedian Bill Maher has been an outspoken opponent of Critical Race Theory, and his most recent show on Friday was no exception.
Maher spoke with former Fox News host Megyn Kelly about her decision to pull her kids from their New York City schools over Critical Race Theory activities, including her eight-year-old being told to write a letter to the Cleveland Indians telling the Major League Baseball team why their name is racist.
Maher and Kelly also discussed an assignment given to students at one New York City public school, which was developed by a university professor, outlining the “8 White identities,” ranging from “White abolitionist” to “white supremacist.”
Speaking specifically to one of Kelly’s children’s assignments, Maher said, “It bothers me so much that I have to be on this side of this issue because I’ve always been a civil rights advocate. Don’t make me Tucker Carlson. You’re the f***ing nuts. This is insane.”
“There is racist problems in this country but this is hyperbole and this is making people crazy…This is not the way we get to the promised land,” Maher added.
“Absolutely not,” Kelly agreed. “It’s divisive. It’s racist and it’s having exactly the opposite effect of the one they intend.”
The two went on to discuss a controversy at Smith College that made national headlines.
As Campus Reform previously covered, a staffer resigned over what she characterized as a “racially hostile environment” brought about by anti-racist teaching.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- ‘Outright satanism’: Putin goes on lengthy rant condemning the west over ‘apartheid’, child sex changes - October 1, 2022
- Dems fail to derail Arizona’s landmark school choice program - October 1, 2022
- Ex-NSA employee arrested for allegedly trying to hand over secrets to undercover FBI agent - October 1, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.