NY Times responds after Tucker accuses it of threatening to expose his address, terrorize family

Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE.


Tucker Carlson exposed The New York Times for allegedly working on a story to “terrorize” his family by revealing the location of their home.

The Fox News host returned to the air after vacation on Monday to unleash a direct attack against the liberal newspaper for plans to publish “a story about where my family and I live.” Near the end of his “Tucker Carlson Tonight” show on Monday, Carlson noted that while he has tried “not to talk about myself on the air,” he was making an exception in order to shine a light on the “intrusive” reporting by The Times.


(Source: Fox News)

“As a matter of journalism, there is no conceivable justification for a story like that,” he said.

“The paper is not alleging we’ve done anything wrong and we haven’t. We pay our taxes. We like our neighbors. We’ve never had a dispute with anyone,” Carlson continued. “So why is the New York Times doing a story on the location of my family’s house? Well, you know why. To hurt us, to injure my wife and kids so that I will shut up and stop disagreeing with them.”

Adding that “they believe in force,” Carlson reminded viewers how left-wing protesters had descended on his neighborhood in 2018, and gathered outside of his house when he wasn’t home after his Washington, D.C. address had been publicized.

“They vandalized our home. They threatened my wife. She called 911 while hiding in the closet,” he recounted, saying the “screaming antifa lunatics” showed up again that year and then continued to send the family letters “threatening to kill us.”

Though he admitted feeling “cowardly” in selling the home in order to move and provide security and safety for his four children, Carlson said “it wasn’t worth it” to risk their well-being, so they moved to another home.

“But The New York Times followed us,” he said, explaining that the newspaper assigned “political activist” Murray Carpenter “to write a story about where we are now,” naming the photographer presumably assigned to take photos of the home as well.

Carlson told viewers that the report is set to run this week.

“Editors there know exactly what will happen to my family when it does run. I called them today and I told them,” he said.

“But they didn’t care. They hate my politics. They want this show off the air. If one of my children gets hurt because of a story they wrote, they won’t consider it collateral damage. They know it’s the whole point of the exercise. To inflict pain on our family, to terrorize us, to control we say,” Carlson continued.

He predicted The Times will deny the allegation or “claim it’s just journalism, just the facts.” But he asked aloud how how they would feel if he exposed Carpenter’s home address, the photographer’s and “every one of the soulless robot editors of the New York Times who assigned and manage this incitement to violence against my family.”

Carlson asked how they would feel “if we told you where they live, if we put pictures of their homes on the air.”

“We could do that, we know who they are. Would that qualify as journalism?” he wondered. “We doubt they’d consider it journalism. They’d call it criminal behavior if we did it. And that tells you everything.”

Eventually, The New York Times responded to Carlson’s on-air remarks.

“While we do not confirm what may or may publish in future editions, The Times has not and does not plan to expose any residence of Tucker Carlson’s, which Carlson was aware of before tonight’s broadcast,” the publication said in a statement later on Monday night.

Journalist and author Peter D’Abrosca saw The Times’ statement as a confirmation of Carlson’s accusations.

In a hilarious display of irony and a total lack of self-awareness, CNN’s Brian Stelter reacted by issuing cautionary advice.

“Far left advocacy group calling itself the @NYTimes threatening to imperil @TuckerCarlson’s family,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton tweeted with a link to Carlson’s monologue.

Acting Deputy Homeland Security Secretary Ken Cuccinelli agreed that it was “clearly” the newspaper’s intention to incite violence against Carlson.

“What the @nytimes is attempting to do to @TuckerCarlson and his family is grotesque and unacceptable,” author and television host Tammy Bruce tweeted.

Plenty of other Twitter users agreed and chimed in to condemn the paper and support the Fox News host, including former Secret Service Agent Dan Bongino.

 

Powered by Topple

Frieda Powers

Comments

Latest Articles