Responding to early reports of the Iranian missile attack on Iraqi bases housing U.S. troops, former Trump White House aide Sebastian Gorka characterized the attack as a “massive miscalculation” by the Persian Gulf country.
What’s more, he suggested that President Donald Trump will “unleash holy hell.”
“This is a massive miscalculation by the Iranian regime and, paradoxically, we should welcome what they’ve decided to do because now they’ve done, in the open, what they have been doing against us and our friends for decades in the asymmetric warfare domain,” Gorka said Tuesday, during an appearance on the Fox Business Network’s “Lou Dobbs Tonight.”
Gorka, who resigned from the Trump administration in 2017, proceeded to lay out a damning indictment of the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism.
“They have used proxies because they are cowards,” he charged. “They have slunk around six continents of the world using terrorist weapons, bombs, against innocent people, IED’s against our servicemen and women. And now there can be no question that Iran is a threat to American national security. You don’t have to be an expert in terrorism or irregular warfare to know that Iran is an imminent danger to our country, to our citizens, to our servicemen and women.”
A danger that is being responded to very differently under President Trump than it was under his predecessor, former President Barack Obama.
“The good news is, they chose the wrong time with the wrong president,” Gorka said. “This president will unleash holy hell on that regime. Not against the people of Persia, but against the murderous mullahs that have created a theocratic dictatorship that is a pariah and the greatest sponsor of state terrorism in the world today.”
He concluded by saying that as a result of Tuesday night’s attack that “everyone who is alive, breathing and has a pulse, should know what Iran is.”
(Gorka drew the ire of the left earlier in the day when he called climate change activist Greta Thunberg, who just turned 17, “thunder thighs” on his radio show.)
President Donald Trump took to Twitter later Tuesday to assure Americans that “all is well,” following the Iranian missile attack — early reports indicated that there were no American casualties.
In two waves, Iran fired up to 15 ballistic missiles at U.S. military forces and coalition forces in Iraq in retaliation for the U.S. airstrike over the weekend that killed Iranian General Qassem Soleimani.
(As head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ elite Quds Force, which the U.S. had declared a Foreign Terrorist Organization, Soleimani had the blood of hundreds of Americans on his hands.)
But the strike appeared to be more about saving face than inflicting casualties.
The president said he will make a statement Wednesday morning in an address to the nation.
- Mayor Bowser claims D.C. had ‘one night of rioting’ last summer during Senate hearing - June 23, 2021
- AOC proves she ‘really sucks at math’ when responding to Dems’ failed power grab - June 23, 2021
- Tucker pities Joy Reid’s parents in stinging rebuke of the angry ‘bigot’ she became: ‘This is what you get?’ - June 23, 2021