‘Cry us a river’: No mercy for Kathy Griffin who’s still whining, claims to be victim of ‘Trump woodchipper’

Kathy Griffin can’t let go of her past.

And though it is of her own making, with her infamous photo holding a mock decapitated head of President Trump, the comedian still won’t accept responsibility, laying the blame for the fallout on the president while declaring she’s “not even talking to white bitches” anymore since so many white women voted for him.

(File Photo: YouTube screenshot)

“It turns out there is such a thing as bad publicity,” Griffin told The Daily Beast in an interview published Tuesday, likening her experience in the last year and a half since the severed head photo to being thrown into “the Trump woodchipper.”

Griffin was deservedly condemned and lost endorsements, tour dates and was even fired from co-hosting CNN’s New Year’s Eve telecast after her stunt made her the target of almost universal backlash and earned the wrath of the Trump family while landing her in a Department of Justice investigation and placed on the federal no-fly list.

“Never in the history of the United States has a sitting president used the power of the Oval Office, the first family, the right-wing media, and the Department of Justice to try to make an American citizen unemployable and uninsurable for an absolute non-threat that was covered by the First Amendment,” she claimed, playing the victim card for her own actions.

“I know what it’s like to have your whole life blow up in 12 hours,” the Grammy-winning comedian told the Daily Beast which noted that she “doesn’t have a single paid day of work ahead of her.”

Griffin appeared at the South by Southwest film festival to promote the premiere of her concert film, “Kathy Griffin: A Hell of a Story,” which she self-financed, according to the Daily Beast, after “despite her stellar track record—two Emmys, a Grammy, and 23 stand-up specials under her belt—every network, streaming service, and executive passed on her pitch: a comedy special or reality show in which she recounts the experience of being a target of the President of the United States.”

The 58-year-old sold out a world tour but has no agent and cannot find distribution for her film.

“There was such a disconnect,” she said. “I’m selling out the Sydney Opera House, and I’m not even on TV anymore. I sold out Carnegie Hall in 24 hours. I started just DM-ing showrunners and literally saying, ‘Can you just give me five lines? I need America to know that I’m not in ISIS and didn’t decapitate anybody.’ The answer has been no. I’ve reached out to so many people. I can’t do it anymore.”

She posted a cringe-worthy video of herself promoting her film as a human billboard.

While Griffin announced she has “gotten older and give less f**ks,” she still maintains that she did nothing wrong with her controversial photo shoot.

“To have it all vanish overnight because of a really B.S. reason. If I had really threatened the president, I would obviously own up to it. But I paid the price for something I didn’t do,” she said.

She also opined the misogyny she feels she has encountered compared to other celebrities who have allegedly said controversial things about the president or his family.

“I am hoping, frankly, more women come around, because, and this is not going to be popular, it’s that dark side of feminism: When the chips are down, bros before hos,” she said.

“Guys still stick together like cops. Republicans are like that, too. Women, when the chips are down, we tend to fracture,” she contended. “When I read that 53 percent of white women voted for Trump…I’m not even talking to white b****es anymore. What the f**k is wrong with them?”

Twitter users let Griffin know they were not buying her victim claims and blaming Trump for being “unemployable.”

Comments

Latest Articles