The illegal immigrant suspected of killing University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts wants to have his trial moved to a more diverse county.
Or, in other words, his lawyers want fewer white faces in the jury pool.
Cristhian Bahena Rivera, a Mexican national in the U.S. illegally — his legal team called the suspected murderer an “all-American boy” — is charged with first-degree murder in the abduction and stabbing death of Tibbetts, 20, in Iowa and his lawyers filed a motion on Friday to move his trial to a county that would offer more minority representation in the jury pool, the Associated Press reported.
Attorneys for a Mexican national accused of kidnapping and killing University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts say the trial should be moved to another county to allow for more minority representation in the jury pool. https://t.co/HQTkRod1FC
— AP Central U.S. (@APCentralRegion) March 4, 2019
Ain’t America great?
Not only do illegal immigrants turn their noses up at our archaic immigration laws or otherwise manipulate them to gain entry into the U.S., when charged with crimes, they look to get the most out of our legal system to escape accountability.
Rivera confessed to chasing Tibbetts and led authorities to her body, though his legal team is calling for the confession to be thrown out.
The trial is being held in Poweshiek County and, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county is 94.2 percent white. As for political diversity, President Trump won 50.9 percent of the votes (4,936), compared to 44.1 percent (4,272) for Hillary Clinton.
Tibbets disappeared on July 18 while out for a run in Brooklyn, Iowa. Her body was found a month later in a cornfield and the medical examiner concluded the college student was stabbed to death, according to the AP.
Rivera worked at a dairy farm a few miles from where Tibbets disappeared.
The case is yet another example of the risk Americans are exposed to as politicians in Washington, D.C., play politics instead of fixing our broken immigration system.
President Trump has called attention to these dangers as he fights with Democrats to enhance border security.
The party’s media allies counter to say illegal immigrants commit fewer crimes than native-born U.S. citizens and lawful immigrants, but new research conducted by the Federation for American Immigration Reform suggests this claim is a myth.
According to FAIR, illegal aliens “are incarcerated as much as five times the rate of legal residents and on average three times the rate of legal residents.”
Illegal aliens are incarcerated as much as five times the rate of legal residents and on average three times the rate of legal residents. https://t.co/ychK8RSz6Y via Federation for American Immigration Reform
— FAIR (@FAIRImmigration) March 5, 2019
The key findings of the study:
- FAIR found that in all SCAAP-reporting states along the Southern Border, and in SCAAP-reporting interior states that are preferred destinations for unlawful migrants, illegal aliens are incarcerated at a much higher rate than citizens and lawfully-present aliens.
- SCAAP data indicate that illegal aliens are typically at least three times as likely to be incarcerated than citizens and lawfully-present aliens.
- Since the SCAAP program only includes those illegal aliens who have, at some point, been convicted of a crime, the only reasonable conclusion is that illegal aliens must commit crimes at a higher rate than citizens or lawfully-present aliens in order to be incarcerated at such high rates.
- These findings stand in stark contrast to the narrative pushed by the open-borders lobby that illegal aliens are less likely to commit crimes compared to citizens or lawfully-present aliens.
The reaction online shows that social media users have little sympathy for foreign nationals who enter the country illegally and kill U.S. citizens.
Here’s a sampling of responses from Twitter:
Oh so NOW he wants to go back to Mexico. https://t.co/SxX6AyzW8f
— Doug Powers (@ThePowersThatBe) March 5, 2019
Do you think defense attorneys such as this ever question themselves or have trouble sleeping? Prob not, that’s why they are defense attorneys. It takes someone who can look past the obvious.
— kbttruth (@Btrease) March 4, 2019
The attorney should move to another country
— Tony Gird (@TonyGird) March 4, 2019
Maybe he should have killed someone in that county instead.
— Bill – 88 (@hoagy114) March 4, 2019
Standard defense motion. More than likely will be denied. Defense preserving the record for an appeal.
— Philip A. Wasserman (@pawlawscv) March 4, 2019
This is absolutely ridiculous. It’s very obvious he killed her. Any jury with common sense will convict him, regardless of color.
— loren (@lorenvanzant) March 4, 2019
- Saturday Night Live welcomes world’s ‘best Trump impersonator’ for its 47th season - September 28, 2021
- Marine vet charged in Jan. 6 protest dies, his atty declares: ‘John Anderson died a wrongfully accused man’ - September 28, 2021
- NY gov set to deploy Natl. Guard, unlicensed retirees to replace healthcare workers who fail to meet vax deadline - September 28, 2021