It’s getting harder to see the blue wave Democrats have been predicting would be coming for the November midterm elections.
And in Wyoming, it seems the only wave they have witnessed is a red one.
In the weeks leading up to the state’s primary election on August 21, over 12,000 voters changed their party affiliation. A staggering number of those changes were to the Republican Party, County 10 reported.
According to data released by the Wyoming Secretary of State’s Office on Thursday:
12,509 persons in total changed their party affiliation between July 6th and September 20th:
- 6,057 Democrats changed and registered as Republicans;
- 4,355 Unaffiliated persons changed and registered as Republicans;
- 744 Unaffiliated persons changed and registered as Democrats;
- 477 members of the Constitution and Libertarian parties changed and registered as Republicans;
- 430 Republicans changed and registered as Democrats; and
- 296 persons of various parties changed and registered as Unaffiliated.
The report did note, however, that 701 of those people changed their party affiliation again, re-registering back to their original 2018 party affiliation
Not that WY is a battleground by any means, but another reinforcement of the D to R trend: https://t.co/cmRY70m5mk
— Robert Nickels (@w9ran) October 19, 2018
“It is absolutely vital that anyone analyzing these party change numbers understand that these numbers are tied to a person’s voter registration and do not represent total ballots cast in the election, and that these numbers do not indicate for whom a person voted,” State Election Director Kai Schon said.
It seems Democrats’ tactics of harassment, smear campaigns against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, and others have backfired with disgusted voters.
— Cory Groshek (@CoryGroshek) October 19, 2018
— Debra K. Carey (@debrakcarey) October 19, 2018
Over 12,000 Wyoming voters changed party registration betwn July-September of this year.
— KyleK1x (@KyleK1x) October 19, 2018
More and more are going RED. https://t.co/t5NAtTRa2D
— Michelle YoungE (@MichelleErk) October 19, 2018
— Susan Marie (@eowyn8888) October 19, 2018
— Mark Burris (@domainer78) October 19, 2018
- Will Smith moves new film ‘Emancipation’ out of Georgia because of ‘strict voter laws.’ Irony awaits. - April 12, 2021
- Ted Cruz: ‘Americans will die’ because Biden is sending $250 mil in taxpayer funds to Palestinians - April 12, 2021
- ‘So insulting!’ Candace Owens shreds Dem efforts to reform voting laws with bigotry of low expectations - March 30, 2021