Money talks and BS walks. Just ask Ace Hardware, which resumed advertising on Laura Ingraham’s Fox News show after it dominated the ratings despite rabid calls for boycotts by anti-Second Amendment activist David Hogg.
“The Ingraham Angle” was No. 1 for its timeslot this week — the first week since Ingraham returned from a one-week hiatus at the height of the advertiser boycott. Here are the average ratings for the week of April 9-14, 2018:
- Ingraham Angle (Fox News): 2.69 million.
- Lawrence O’Donnell (MSNBC): 2.60 million.
- Don Lemon (CNN): 1.29 million.
It was a good rebound after Ingraham’s ratings started to slip amid the mounting calls by young Hogg and other liberals to boycott her show two weeks ago.
It’s unclear if other advertisers will resume their sponsorships since Ingraham has proven that her show garners the eyeballs that corporations desperately need to shill their products.
Ace Hardware was one of 20 advertisers to pull its ads under pressure from Hogg, 17, and other anti-gun activists. But the company has since done an about-face and apologized. “The information we had at the time of the initial request was incomplete and we apologize for that,” Ace said.
For his part, David Hogg has parlayed his classmates’ tragic deaths into a gig as a liberal puppet for the anti-Second Amendment movement. Unfortunately for him, he has undermined his own credibility by insulting all parents as too stupid and clueless to “fix America.”
Hogg lets f-bombs fly in disturbing interview: ‘Old a** parents’ don’t know democracy, we have to fix it https://t.co/UuqvwA6eam
— Bo Snerdley (@BoSnerdley) March 24, 2018
In a profanity-laced, rambling interview, Hogg slammed the NRA, calling them “sick f**kers.” (See video below. Warning: profanity.)
For the record, no mass shooter in American history has ever been a member of the NRA. But why let facts get in the way of a good faux narrative?
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- Katie Hopkins goes there: You can’t slap a blonde wig on Mohammed and turn him into a Swede - April 19, 2018
- Things are looking worse for prof who slammed Barbara Bush, and her unearthed racist tweets didn’t help - April 19, 2018
- Democrat who compared Trump to Hitler reignites conspiracy theory that 9/11 was a staged hoax - April 19, 2018