President Trump launches into ferocious CNN takedown after report it shunned JROTC hero from townhall

President Trump is criticizing CNN for its coverage of last week’s mass shooting.

On Thursday, the president blasted the network for allegedly rejecting the speech and questions drafted by a JROTC cadet for Wednesday’s school shooting town hall and instead directing him to use a scripted question.

“‘School shooting survivor says he quit @CNN Town Hall after refusing scripted question'” President Trump wrote. “@TuckerCarlson. Just like so much of CNN, Fake News. That’s why their ratings are so bad! MSNBC may be worse.”

The tweet seemingly referred to Fox News’ Tucker Carlson’s interview of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School junior Colton Haab, who protected his classmates from the shooting by creating a shield out of a kevlar curtain.

Haab reiterated to Carlson his previous claim that he skipped out of the Wednesday town hall after CNN refused to allow him to ask his own questions.

“CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions, and it ended up being all scripted,” Haab said earlier this week.

The news network responded to President Trump’s tweet, denying that student’s account.

“There is absolutely no truth to this story — and we can prove that. CNN did not provide or script questions for anyone in last night’s town hall, nor have we ever. Those are the facts. #FactsFirst.”

Haab said his question was about the possibility of having veterans serve as armed security on school campuses.

Many defenders of CNN accused Haab of lying, with some even suggesting he was paid to do so.

CNN has criticized people who question the shooting survivors. On Tuesday, Anderson Cooper excoriated Donald Trump, Jr. for “liking” tweets that suggested Stoneman Douglas student David Hogg is trying to “cover” for the FBI because his father is a retired agent.

Apparently, double standards are the only standards CNN has.

Comments

Latest Articles