Actress Nicole Eggert headed to the Los Angeles police department to file sexual battery charges against Scott Baio after she doubled down on claims that her former co-star sexually abused her when she was a minor.
“I’m headed to L.A. and going to meet with a special unit that handles these kind of cases,” Eggert told TMZ as she left her New York City hotel on Wednesday.
When asked if she was following through with filing the report against Baio, Eggert appeared to confirm she was.
“He asked for it, that’s what we’re going to do,” she said, referring to the actor’s challenge during an appearance on “Good Morning America” on Wednesday. Baio fired back at Eggert, calling her accusations a lie and inviting her to take her story to the police if she was so confident in its truth.
Eggert had claimed that Baio molested her between the ages of fourteen and seventeen while the two co-starred on “Charles in Charge.” Eggert addressed her accusations on NBC’s “Megyn Kelly Today” on Tuesday along with her feminist lawyer Lisa Bloom.
Baio has vehemently denied the claims, saying Eggert was 18 years old at the time they first had sex, even live streaming on a Facebook video to “prove her claims are 100% lies.”
“Her story keeps conflicting and changing and there’s so many discrepancies in it,” Baio told TMZ after his “Good Morning America” appearance, referring to other interviews in which Eggert has said nothing inappropriate ever happened between them and that their relationship occurred after the show had wrapped and she was over 18.
The 57-year-old actor also pointed out that Eggert’s false claims are discrediting other women in the #MeToo movement.
“When you come with a false claim like this, you diminish other women who have real claims and have been victimized and abused,” he aid. “And it makes it harder to believe them. And that’s a bad thing.”
An interview with Eggert on the “Dr. Oz Show” taped on January 10 had been shelved when producers had an issue with her timeline.
Once the decision was made to air the show, the actress and her team claimed the show sandbagged them, according to TMZ, which had the tense exchange on video.
According to TMZ:
TMZ broke the story … the show decided to air the episode, which was shot January 10 but later shelved because producers said they had issues with Nicole’s timeline. They apparently had a change of heart, because after Nicole appeared on Megyn Kelly’s show Tuesday they got a call from producers saying they would air the show, but wanted to ask some additional questions.
Nicole showed up to Oz’s studio Tuesday afternoon with her lawyer, Lisa Bloom, and her manager, David Weintraub, and they say Oz ambushed them, questioning whether Nicole really had sex with Scott Baio when she was 17. Oz revealed Nicole’s friend, Christy, used her birthday as a marker in recalling a discussion she had with Nicole that made it appear Nicole was actually 18 when she had sex with Baio.
“You just can’t say anything about anybody anytime you want. It’s not fair, it’s hurtful,” Baio told reporters, adding that his message to Eggert would be to “just stop.”
- 52 passengers boarded plane with neg Covid results, test positive after landing in Hong Kong - April 26, 2021
- Supreme Court agrees to hear major gun rights case on concealed handguns - April 26, 2021
- Final Census data shows the blue states likely to lose House seats, and the red states picking them up - April 26, 2021