Chipotle responds to ‘Supergirl’ actor’s claim its food almost killed him — and he might not like its answer

Was it an American case of Montezuma’s revenge?

“Supergirl” star Jeremy Jordan thought he was enjoying an innocent Mexican meal when all of a sudden he found himself in the hospital.

Jeremy Jordan, left, Mehcad Brooks and Melissa Benoist participate in the “Supergirl” panel at the CBS Summer TCA Tour at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Photo by Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP

Chipotle responded to Jordan’s claim that he “almost died” on Thursday after eating at the fast food chain. And he might not like the company’s answer.

“We were sorry to hear Jeremy was sick and we were able to get in touch with him directly regarding when and where he ate,” a statement from the chain read. “The timing of his visit, coupled with the fact that we have not received any other reported claims of illness at the restaurant where he dined, suggests that our restaurant was not the cause of this illness.

“We take all claims seriously, but we can’t confirm any link to Chipotle given the details he shared with us.”

Jordan recorded himself in an Instagram story at the hospital, claiming the episode was a direct result from the Chipotle food.

Jeremy Jordan attends the 33rd Annual Paleyfest: “Supergirl” held at the Dolby Theatre. Photo by Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP

“I know I’ve advocated for them in the past, but they’re terrible. I, as you can see, I am in the hospital and I have fluids in my arm because the food did not agree with me and I almost died,” Jordan said according to Fox News.

“I just want to thank my wife for being amazing and talking me off the ledge when I was on the phone about to die and Chris Wood for holding my hair back metaphorically,” he added. “I love all of you; thank you so much. It’s been a night.”

The following video of Jordan’s Insta-story made it to YouTube and appears to be from the original video:

Chipotle has been in hot water for sickening people before. In 2005 an E. coli outbreak spread across several states, and last July more than 130 people reported becoming ill after eating at a Chipotle restaurant in Virginia, Fox reported.


Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you've commented with us before, we'll need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Latest Articles