Powered by Topple

Twitter considers removal of Trump’s tweet on N. Korea; here’s what the company says …

Powered by Topple

Twitter issued a response to those calling for the removal of President Trump‘s recent tweet on North Korea.

North Korea’s foreign minister claimed Monday that the president’s “they won’t be around much longer!” tweet amounted to a declaration of war against the nation.

The White House responded, calling the suggestion “absurd.”

But BuzzFeed questioned whether Twitter’s terms of service were violated in a report on Monday, noting that the social media site “appears unwilling to weigh in” though a Twitter spokesperson told BuzzFeed News it “does not comment on individual accounts for privacy and security reasons.”

Twitter did respond later, however, in a series of tweets announcing the company would  soon be updating its public-facing rules.

Tensions are high as Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un continue to trade barbs and threats in their escalating war of words as the rogue nation continues failed attempts at missile launches. Trump called Kim Jong Un “Rocket Man” during a speech last week and the North Korean leader responded with a vow to “surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire.”

Oops! We could not locate your form.

Wake up right! Receive our free morning news blast HERE

Frieda Powers

Comments

Latest Articles