CNN host Jake Tapper wallowed in gleeful leftist schadenfreude while slamming Bill O’Reilly, who was fired by Fox News last week amid allegations of sexual harassment. O’Reilly denied the claims.
Tapper jabbed at O’Reilly after playing an excerpt from his podcast. “Oh, how the sleazy have fallen,” Jake gloated.
When it comes to Bill O’Reilly, Jake Tapper can only take a dig from the cheap seats, since O’Reilly’s ratings quadrupled that of Tapper’s show for years.
On his No Spin News podcast, O’Reilly briefly discussed his ouster from Fox News, saying he’s confident he’ll be vindicated once the truth comes out:
“I am sad that I’m not on television anymore. I was very surprised how it all turned out. There’s much stuff going on right now. But I can tell you that I’m very confident the truth will come out and when it does, I don’t know if you’re going to be surprised, but I think you’re going to be shaken, as I am.”
These were O’Reilly’s first public remarks since being fired. O’Reilly, the undisputed cable news king for the past 16 years, has repeatedly denied the harassment allegations.
Since Jake Tapper is calling out “sleazy” behavior, it bears noting that Tapper never mentions that CNN is being sued by a group of black employees in a massive class action accusing the network of longstanding, widespread racial discrimination.
In January 2016, CNN producer DeWayne Walker filed a $50 million race discrimination lawsuit, claiming he was passed over for promotions because CNN executives are racist against blacks.
In December 2016, Celeslie Henley, a former administrative assistant at CNN, and Ernest Colbert Jr., a senior manager at TBS, filed a similar race-discrimination lawsuit.
Since then, 175 other current and past black CNN employees have asked to join the class action filed in March 2017.
These cases join numerous past lawsuits accusing the network of racial and religious discrimination:
- In October 2014, Stanley Wilson, a field producer, filed a $5 million wrongful termination lawsuit.
- In December 2015, former CNN writer/producer Ricky Blalock sued for racial discrimination.
- In October 2016, former producer/writer Omar Butcher sued CNN, accusing the liberal network of race and religious discrimination.
How ironic that the race-baiting leftist network that constantly calls President Trump and his aides racist has itself been accused of racism by its black employees. Sounds pretty sleazy.
CNN’s Jake Tapper knows a lot about sleazy behavior. After all, he once dated Monica Lewinsky.
- DOJ attorney in charge of election-crimes unit quits after AG Barr opens investigation - November 10, 2020
- ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa’: Neil Cavuto slammed after he cuts off Kayleigh McEnany presser - November 10, 2020
- Same media that cheered Stacey Abrams, Al Gore for refusing to concede attack Trump for same move - November 8, 2020