One person has been killed and at least fifteen others shot overnight at a Cincinnati nightclub and the shooters remain on the run Sunday.
Authorities say several shooters opened fire at the Cameo nightclub early Sunday, but stressed that the shooting was not terrorist-related.
“Several local men got into some type of dispute inside the bar and it escalated into shots being fired from several individuals,” Cincinnati Police Chief Eliot Isaac said during a Sunday news conference.
“As a result, there were 16 people that sustained gunshot injuries one of which is deceased,” he added. “A total of 15 others that were injured, one in extremely critical condition.”
— WLWT (@WLWT) March 26, 2017
Cincinnati City Manager Harry Black told NBC affiliate WLWT the conflict started earlier in the day Saturday.
“The conflict is believed to have begun between specific groups or individuals earlier in the day,” Black said, “escalating and ultimately leading to this tragedy occurring at the nightclub.”
— Todd Dykes (@ToddDykesWLWT) March 26, 2017
Police say no arrests have been made and several of the victims have life-threatening injuries.
“We are in the middle of a very horrific situation that occurred at the nightclub with multiple victims,” Assistant Police Chief Paul Neudigate said. “It’s going to be a long night for our homicide units to investigate.”
— Alexis Rogers (@IAmAlexisRogers) March 26, 2017
- Liberal media shamelessly runs cover for Biden by spinning inflation, supply chain crisis - November 26, 2021
- Chapelle responds with N-word to student hecklers who called him a ‘bigot’ at his alma mater, Politico - November 26, 2021
- LeBron James stops game to have two fans ejected for heckling. LeSnitch starts trending. - November 26, 2021