President Donald Trump‘s critics were quick to point out that his first address to Congress saw fewer TV viewers — live-streaming notwithstanding — than President Barack Obama’s first such speech, but Trump prevailed in a more timely, and likely more relevant, comparison.
Down 2 million viewers from last year, Sunday night’s Oscars award show saw its lowest rating since 2009, the year Obama first took office. Adding to their woes, the Oscars lost out to Trump’s Tuesday night address by more than 10 million viewers, according to pollster Frank Luntz.
TV viewership 📺
• The Academy Awards: 32.9 million
• President Trump's speech: 43.4 millionhttps://t.co/muJRxLy9M5
— Frank Luntz (@FrankLuntz) March 1, 2017
Results that seem to suggest more and more Americans are growing tired of elitist Hollywood moonbats’ sanctimonious lecturing on their liberal beliefs.
Social media users remain hopeful that this is the beginning of a trend toward bring back a little normalcy to the country… to making America great again.
Here’s a sampling of responses from Twitter:
@FrankLuntz It was actually 48 million after all was settled later in the day.
— Glenn M (@glenninla) March 2, 2017
@FrankLuntz AAAND…We Have A WINNER!!⭐️
— NY Nite Owl (@SoarForFreedom) March 2, 2017
— James R (@Realpersonpltcs) March 1, 2017
@FrankLuntz do you think Hollywood is getting the message. !
— cul8r (@cul8r124) March 1, 2017
@FrankLuntz the American People have spoken.
— MARIA MARIA (@MariaTevesGonz) March 1, 2017
— Pamela Murphey (@pmurphfree) March 1, 2017
@FrankLuntz Oscar has become an unentertaining time of preaching. I thought leftists hate church.
— jimtypes (@jimtypes) March 2, 2017
— Thomas (@Tominator7) March 1, 2017
— Good Ol Matty P! (@MattyP57) March 2, 2017
— James Boyd (@jboydaustin) March 2, 2017
- Former Obama ambassador to Russia offers apology after boasting about his ‘lavish’ life to random critic - August 2, 2021
- Obama to host hundreds of guests at birthday bash, but don’t call it a superspreader - August 2, 2021
- ‘That’s it, we’re hanging up now’: Chuck pokes the poke-police in absurd call with ‘CDC’ - July 30, 2021