Who dumped who? Leonardo DiCaprio backs out of Hillary fundraiser due to ‘scheduling conflict’

[sharenow]

Leonardo DiCaprio abruptly backed out of hosting a fundraiser for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton at his Los Angeles home, turning to his pal Justin Timberlake to fill in for him.

But at whose behest?

The A-list Hollywood actor, a fervent Clinton supporter, was set to host the fundraiser with the candidate on Tuesday, but was said to be “stuck in New York until Wednesday to finish his current project,” a source told People Magazine.

“Not wanting to leave Hillary hanging, Leo called his friends Justin [Timberlake] and Jessica Biel and asked if they would host for him. They immediately agreed to fill in as hosts and moved the event to their home for Tuesday,” the source said.

And while DiCaprio reportedly cited a scheduling conflict, The Daily Caller noted the actor’s not working on any movies at the moment. He does have a documentary, “The Turning Point,” scheduled to premier in September at the Toronto International Film Festival.

Interestingly, The Hollywood Reporter is reporting there are rumors that DiCaprio’s decision to cancel on Clinton came after being linked in press reports to a $3 billion Malaysian embezzlement scandal.

Last month, the U.S. Department of Justice filed an asset-seizure complaint in federal court pertaining to a Malaysian sovereign wealth fund called 1MDB. The fund allegedly backed Red Granite Pictures, the production company behind DiCaprio’s The Wolf of Wall Street. He is mentioned only as “Hollywood Actor 1” in the complaint, but it suggests the actor’s eponymous foundation may have benefited from gifts made by Red Granite, its principal Riza Aziz and a key 1MDB figure named Jho Low.

 

Already embroiled in controversy over donations to the Clinton Foundation, it could be that Team Hillary gave DiCaprio the ol’ heave-ho in an effort to avoid any further scrutiny.

Adding to the 41-year-old actor’s troubles, he and girlfriend Nina Agdal were involved in a car accident in the Hamptons over the weekend when their Range Rover was rear-ended by a lady driving a Mini Cooper — there were no reported injuries… at least not until the lawyers get involved.

Sign up for our morning news blast HERE

DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW

Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.
[sharenow]
Tom Tillison

Comment

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you've commented with us before, we'll need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Latest Articles