Want more hot BPR News stories? Sign up for our morning blast HERE
Rep. Randy Forbes, R-VA said many details about the treatment of American sailors captured by Iran earlier this year are being withheld by the Obama administration.
The information in the briefing that Forbes, a member of the House Armed Services Committee, has received could take up to a year to be released to the public, which will find it “shocking” and “appalling.”
“What they will find is that this was done totally against international and maritime law,” Forbes said on Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom” on Tuesday. “I think they will find the whole situation of how we responded during that incident and around that situation…to be both shocking and appalling.”
“It wasn’t just what the Iranians did,” Forbes said, “it was our response to what the Iranians did that I think is going to be very, very concerning when those details come out.”
Forbes criticized the U.S. response to the incident in which Iran released videos and photos of the captured sailors on their knees with their hands over their heads. “What do we do? We do nothing. We write them a check for a hundred billion dollars,” Forbes said, noting that the administration does nothing in the face of threats by Iran and other nations like Russia and China.
“They’ve adopted the strategy of bowing down to bullies or ignoring bullies around the globe,” said Forbes.
Sign up for our morning blast HERE
Video from Fox News.
- Thirsty Madonna, 63, sprawls out on Jimmy Fallon’s desk, then flashes audience - October 9, 2021
- Appeals court reinstates Texas ‘fetal heartbeat’ law banning abortions after 6 weeks - October 9, 2021
- Family denied food for not having vax card; raw and powerful footage …THIS is how to fight back - September 16, 2021