Fox News host Sean Hannity revealed that in 2017, the Obama FBI knew that 90% or more of Christopher Steele’s anti-Trump dossier was unverified and contained bogus claims, but they used it anyway to obtain sham FISA warrants to illegally spy on Trump campaign officials.
“They knew that 90%, if not more, of the dossier that was used as the bulk of information for the FISA application were debunked. They used it anyway,” Hannity said.
“The FBI kept a spreadsheet with information showing the dossier to be full of false claims — 90% unverifiable. The DOJ was warned that Steele hated Trump, the dossier is unverified, and also that Hilary paid for it, but they want ahead and used it anyway.”
The revelations were uncovered by investigative reporter John Solomon, who previously wrote for The Hill.
“That is 100% accurate, Sean,” Solomon said. “It took until 2019 for the American public to get a definitive answer, when the Mueller report came out. But in early 2017, the FBI had begun a significant effort to assess the credibility of the Steele dossier. And here’s what they found: They interviewed one of its primary sources — a Russian living in the West — and they came to the assessment after the interview, which I believe was in January-February of 2017, that he was either intentionally misleading Steele or exaggerating in ways that caused Steele’s report to be grossly inaccurate.”
Solomon continued: “They then took every factual statement in the Steele dossier, put them in a spreadsheet and analyzed them. They came to conclude that the vast majority of them were either wrong or unverifiable despite all the intelligence the FBI had. That is the quality of what they had. And why is that significant? At the time, [the Obama FBI] were continuing to represent to the FISA Court that Christopher Steele was a reputable source.”
Congressman Mark Meadows — who was privy to the information that John Solomon uncovered — confirmed that the Obama FBI relied on a sham, incorrect dossier to use to spy on Trump aides.
“Not only do we know that the dossier was unverified, but most of the dossier was false, but they continue to spy on an American citizen and use that information as if it were credible,” Meadows said. “It’s even worse than that, Sean. Here’s the problem: The FBI fired Christopher Steele, then continued to use him as a credible source. And now there’s had lines out there saying that Christopher Steele somehow has this verifiable dossier. Let me just tell you, that’s flat-out false. John Solomon’s reporting is accurate.”
“The FISA application — all of us have been saying for a long time that this was a fraud that was perpetrated on the American people. Because they said this was all about Papadopoulos. It had nothing to do with Papadopoulos. They kept hoping they would find damning information on President Trump eventually which would justify this whole witch hunt. It’s time that we actually tear it all back and let the American people see for themselves.”
Despite their skepticism about the sham dossier, Obama holdovers in the FBI (under James Comey’s direction) used the dossier to support their requests for FISA warrants in order to spy on Trump campaign aides, notably Carter Page.
The FBI also knew that the dossier’s author — discredited former British spy Christopher Steele — planted stories in the media in order to buttress the bogus claims made in the dossier, which was paid for by Hillary Clinton‘s 2016 campaign.
The FBI then used this circular reporting to bolster its sham FISA application in order to illegally spy on the 2016 Trump campaign.
The FBI never revealed to the FISA court that the dossier was paid for by Hillary’s camp and that the dossier’s author, Christopher Steele, passionately hated Donald Trump. Those are serious omissions.
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- 13 rioters arrested after attacking Seattle police, one officer viciously wacked in head with baseball bat - September 24, 2020
- U-Haul that supplied riot gear to Louisville protesters reportedly rented by Soros-connected bail project - September 24, 2020
- Seattle is paying convicted pimp $150,000 to be ‘street czar’ to offer ‘alternatives to policing’ - September 23, 2020