Republican Congressman Devin Nunes refuses to step down as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee just because Democrats are nagging him to.
“Why would I?” Nunes told a gaggle of reporters on Tuesday. “Because someone asks? That sounds like their problem.”
Asked Nunes if WH asked him to cancel today’s hearing. Response: “C’mon. … Nothing has been canceled.” WATCH: https://t.co/psgEviYgWH
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) March 28, 2017
Nunes has been under fire by Democrats like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, who are demanding that he step down, just days after he revealed that President Trump‘s transition team had been incidentally spied on by the Obama administration.
Democrats are playing up reports that Nunes was on the White House grounds shortly before making the bombshell announcement, which bolsters Trump’s claims that Obama had spied on him during the presidential campaign.
Democrats are furious that Nunes shared these findings with President Trump before relaying the information to the House Intelligence Committee.
Nunes fired back on “The O’Reilly Factor,” saying the only reason Democrats want him to step down is because he discovered information that is damaging to their anti-Trump narrative.
“Dems want me to quit because I’m quite effective at getting to the truth,” Nunes said.
While Democrats claimed Devin Nunes had “snuck” onto the White House grounds last week, he explained that:
- He was on the grounds to review top-secret documents that can only be reviewed in a secure room.
- It’s perfectly normal for members of the House Intelligence Committee to go to the White House grounds once or twice a week because it has classified documents that committee members can only view there.
Nunes said instead of wasting time with absurd conspiracy theories that Trump had colluded with the Russians (for which everyone concedes there is “no evidence”), lawmakers should be worried about the unmasking of private citizens via illegal press leaks by the intelligence community.
Senator Rand Paul has also expressed alarm at the intelligence community leaking information to the press, because it endangers national security.
“It is very, very important that whoever released that go to jail,” Paul told ABC News. “You cannot have members of the intelligence community listening to the most private and highly classified information and then releasing that to the New York Times.”
RETWEET if you agree with Rand Paul:
“It is VERY, VERY important that whoever leaked Flynn’s phone call go to jail!” pic.twitter.com/nbskRhtqn5
— Newt-Trump Fan Club (@NewtTrump) March 19, 2017
We know first-hand that censorship against conservative news is real. Please share stories and encourage your friends to sign up for our daily email blast so they are not getting shut out of seeing conservative news.
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- Funny, how the media FINALLY focused on Melania’s fashion. POTUS smacks MSM upside the head with it - June 22, 2018
- Father of tot TIME used to manipulate minds says child was NEVER separated. Oh, but that’s not all! - June 22, 2018
- Geraldo explodes into hysteria on Hannity over border kids: ‘This is child abuse! How dare you!’ - June 20, 2018