The left-wing media thinks superstar athletes should get their approval if they want to be friends with President Trump.
At least that’s what the latest headlines suggest. A motley crew of unprofessional “journalists” are pressuring New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to distance himself from Trump if he wants to retain his popularity.
“Anyone of note who’s supportive of the president of the United States must recant and submit to a public flogging,” Mediaite noted. “Those who fail to comply must be named and shamed.”
Here are the latest headlines warning Brady ahead of the Super Bowl:
- Tom Brady has some explaining to do on Donald Trump
- Prof claims Trump supporter Tom Brady ‘more un-American’ than Kaepernick
- For Tom Brady, there’s no avoiding Donald Trump during Super Bowl week
- Super boycott! Anti-Trump supporters skipping Super Bowl over Patriots’ ties to President.
The shameless public bullying of Trump supporters has now become so normalized that the mainstream media thinks it’s perfectly OK to embarrass anyone who supports the president.
The underlying assumption that Trump-bashing is acceptable ignores the fact that almost half the country voted for him.
According to leftist media, being friends with President Trump means you support ALL his policies and must be ready to defend them at all times. Interestingly, the same harsh standards were never applied to the celebrity friends of Hillary Clinton and former President Obama.
Many on Twitter reacted by slamming the media’s over-the-top harassment and bullying.
are you kidding? Now you're running stories about who and who cannot be @realDonaldTrump friends? Bullying much.
— susan (@susan_dunham) January 30, 2017
Another embarrassing column from an SJW posing as a journalist. https://t.co/lVXEvnXvEq
— Tony Mazur (@TonyMazur) January 30, 2017
Shame on you! Blatant anti-American article. Land of the free unless one disagrees w Lib Left agenda ????
— Sue♥️??Inds are watching this hot mess too (@IndieSueVotes) January 30, 2017
Others noted the hypocrisy of the social justice warriors who trash Trump as fascist while telling a stranger who they’re allowed to be friends with.
USA today now dictating who one may be friends with. And these are the same people that keep yelling "fascism".
— Don Cheech (@donciccio807) January 30, 2017
let me get this straight….you are targeting someone in an effaort to force them to drop a friendship??? Hummmm
— Brenda Golden (@BrendaGoldenPR) January 30, 2017
One person summed it up perfectly when she tweeted: “He can be friends with whoever!”
He can be friends with whoever! Bunch of intolerant bullies
— Lucia Marie (@_7Essence) January 30, 2017
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- Wisconsin official orders employees to wear masks on teleconferences, even when home alone - August 12, 2020
- Stacey Abrams trends, pegged as refusing to concede to Kamala, and the jokes get better and better - August 12, 2020
- Kanye West’s 10-point platform mirrors MAGA; says Dems tried to block candidacy, hired PI to spy on him - August 11, 2020