Widow of Temple University officer shot dead by 18-yr-old thief reveals his final words to her

Last Saturday in Philadelphia, a Temple University police officer was shot and killed while trying to apprehend a suspect in a robbery.

Days later, deceased officer Christopher Fitzgerald’s widow, Marissa, is now speaking out about his tragic death.

“I tried to call him, just to see if maybe he would answer, and he didn’t answer,” she said this week to local station WCAU, describing what happened after she was told that her husband had been gunned down.

She’d reportedly just returned home from running errands and hadn’t even exited her vehicle yet when the call came through.

She was devastated.

The day had started much brighter.

“Marissa said Fitzgerald was going to take his family out for breakfast Sunday morning. And he begged for her to stay with him the morning of his death. Marissa even made chocolate chip waffles instead of running some errands,” according to WCAU.

“It was the best day of my life,” Marissa said, sobbing while recalling her last moments with her husband.

Before he left for work that day, he reportedly came down the steps and rubbed his face in hers.

“He gave me a kiss and he told me that he loved me. And, I said ‘I love you too.’ And when he walked out the door, he said he’d be right back. He said, ‘I’ll be right back babe,'” Marissa recalled.

But he never came back.

Fitzgerald leaves behind two boys and two girls.

“A very hard worker, he loved to do his job, but the best job he loved to do was being a father to those kids. My kids will always know who their dad is. Their dad is a hero and he is our greatest hero,” Marissa said.

“They miss their dad so much,” she continued, adding that Fitzgerald had been a goofball who’d loved his children.

Fitzgerald had also loved his job.

“He really wanted to make a change for the city so that people could be safe and that the kids could be safe. My husband was not a bad person, he was such a good man and a good cop … awesome cop,” his widow said.

According to his father, Joel, police work had been his way of giving back.

“He wanted to do it because he knew that was his method of giving back to our community,” he explained.

Marissa has a message for her husband’s killer.

“He took a family man, he took a father, he took a son, he took a brother, he took a nephew, you took so much. Our lives will never be the same,” she told WCAU.

“You had no right. You are a coward. You are evil, I know what you did to my husband. You shouldn’t even be allowed to breathe because my husband is not breathing, but you get to have air flowing through your lungs. I hope that he’s haunted for the rest of his life. I hope he rots in a cell,” she added.

Concluding her remarks, she said, “I’m a Godly woman. My husband was a Godly man. Right now I have a lot of praying to do because I can’t forgive him right now.”

The killer has been identified as Miles Pfeffer, 18. He reportedly shot Fitzgerald multiple times before robbing him and then leaving him to die.

The shooting happened as Fitzgerald was reportedly trying to apprehend a suspect who’d robbed a nearby convenience store. It’s presumed Pfeffer is the same person.

“On Saturday, Feb. 18, at 7:12 p.m., officer Fitzgerald was heard over the radio in a foot pursuit of a suspect in all black clothing, police said in an affidavit of probable cause. Fitzgerald told the suspect to get on the ground multiple times before the suspect began shooting, police know from sound and video surveillance,” according to WCAU.

“According to police, once Fitzgerald was on the ground, the suspect stood over him and fired more shots into his face and head. Then the suspect searched the officer’s pockets and tried to steal his service weapon, but couldn’t get the gun out of the holster, police said,” WCAU reported.

A few minutes later, Pfeffer carjacked someone nearby.

“Get out of the car. Give me the keys, give me the keys. I’ll kill you, swear to God,” he was overheard on surveillance camera saying to the victim, according to station WPVI.

Pfeffer then drove to a nearby family farm, where authorities arrested him shortly thereafter.


Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.
Vivek Saxena


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.


Scroll down for non-member comments or join our insider conversations by becoming a member. We'd love to have you!

Latest Articles