CHECK OUT WeThePeople.store and WeThePeople.wine for holiday gifts and awesome snarky swag!
Authorities have issued a search warrant for Alec Baldwin’s cellphone in the latest twist in the investigation of the movie set shooting that left a cinematographer dead after a gun with live ammunition somehow found its way into his hands.
The warrant is an indication that despite his claims to the contrary, the 63-year-old actor isn’t in the clear as he suggested to ABC’s George Stephanopoulos during an interview that aired earlier this month, a conversation in which he also claimed that he didn’t pull the trigger when the weapon was discharged, fatally wounding Halyna Hutchins in October on the New Mexico set of the western “Rust,” the film’s director was also injured.
On Thursday, the affidavit with the warrant was made public, a development that would seem to indicate that potential charges against Baldwin are still in play as the search for answers continues in the tragic incident.
A copy of the document was obtained by Fox News Digital which also published pictures of Baldwin and his wife Hilaria stepping out after the news broke.
“Affiant is requesting a warrant for the seizure and search of Alec Baldwins’ [sic] cell phone to search for any evidence relating to the death investigation of Halyna Hutchins,” the affidavit said. “Affiant believes there may be evidence on the phone due to individuals using cellular phones during and/or after the commission of crime(s).”
“Such information, if it exists, may be material and relevant to this investigation. Affiant was also made aware there were several emails and text messages sent and received regarding the movie production ‘Rust’ in the course of interviews,” it continues.
Baldwin had reportedly refused police requests to voluntarily turn over the phone, spurring them to seek the search warrant.
After the news broke, the actor responded to a Newsweek report that he had asked for a bigger gun, another detail contained in the document by re-tweeting the story with a denial that it was true. He has since locked down the account but not before the Daily Mail captured an image of the tweet.
(Image: Daily Mail)
“This, in fact, is a lie,” he wrote, rejecting the contents of Detective Alexandria Hancock’s affidavit. “The choices regarding any props by me for the film RUST were made weeks before production began. To suggest that any changes were made ‘before fatal shooting’ is false.”
Baldwin deleted one of his two Twitter accounts after the disastrous interview aired.
In the interview that has boomeranged badly, Baldwin told Stephanopoulos that he was told by “people in the know” that it was “highly unlikely” that he would be criminally charged but with the existence of the new warrant, that may have been wishful thinking as the plot has now clearly thickened.
Asked by @GStephanopoulos if he worries about being criminally charged, Alec Baldwin says: "I don't. I've been told by people who are in the know…that it's highly unlikely that I would be charged with anything criminally."
Read more: https://t.co/zYugqKzjNu #BaldwinABC pic.twitter.com/msTJuJDDl1
— ABC News (@ABC) December 3, 2021
Baldwin’s interview infuriated members of the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Department who felt betrayed, it also resulted in the prosecutor rebutting his assertion, issuing a statement that he wasn’t off the hook.
Santa Fe DA warns Alec Baldwin not off the hook just yet in movie set shooting, despite ABC interview take https://t.co/eeHkaIOd5d
— Conservative News (@BIZPACReview) December 5, 2021
While it remains to be determined what exactly authorities are looking for, the ongoing focus on Baldwin could be interpreted as a sign that there may not be a happy ending for him in this real-life saga.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Nadler chose to catch up on his beauty sleep during House Judiciary Committee meeting - May 27, 2023
- ‘Transformers’ star says he’s ‘a bit of a doomsday prepper’ so he can protect his family ‘if it came to that’ - May 27, 2023
- Transgender athletes banned from competing in elite female events by British Cycling governing body - May 27, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.