Op-ed views and opinions expressed are solely those of the author.
It took Jimmy Carter (1976-1980) four years to put the country on a road to ruin. Joe Biden has managed to do the same in just 11 months.
Following is a partial list of Carter’s most dramatic foreign and domestic blunders:
- He saddled the U.S. with the disastrous Iranian hostage situation and a botched rescue mission with repercussions still being felt to this day.
- He watched as Soviet backed “insurgencies” marched all over Africa, Central and South America and other places and as the USSR invaded Afghanistan.
- He instituted a massive reduction in force of the U.S. military turning it into an empty shell.
- Carter handed over the Panama Cana and all the U.S. equipment, expertise, and infrastructure to the country of Panama.
- He presided over the country’s energy crises and the rise of OPEC and then told Americans to wear sweaters.
- He lectured the American public on their ”malaise” while the country suffered unprecedented foreign affairs humiliations, raging inflation and interest rates hitting 18%.
In the race to the bottom of the list of “worst presidents” Carter was a clear winner until the arrival of the clueless, incompetent, mentally incapacitated Biden. That may be a relief to Mr. Carter but not the rest of the country.
Here’s a partial list of some of Biden’s major fumbles, incompetency, and ineptitude to date that’s leaving Carter in the dust:
- The humiliating surrender and withdrawal in Afghanistan, with more than 400 American citizens, numerous green card holders and allies left behind to be hunted by the Taliban with more than $80 billion in abandoned U.S. military equipment.
- Dismantling the southern border and welcoming more than two million Covid-infected, illiterate, unvetted illegals to enter the U.S. unopposed just this year alone with those numbers rapidly increasing.
- Bungling of the Covid virus pandemic with unconstitutional mask and vaccination mandates, and contradictory and confusing messages from Biden and various government agencies.
- Rampant inflation that has increased the cost of living and diminished any wage gains.
- Surrendering U.S. cities to mob rule with a crime wave incentivized by liberal prosecutors, no-bail legislation, defund the police drivel and understaffed and demoralized police forces.
- Siccing the Department of Justice and the FBI on parents for questioning local school boards about Critical Race Theory and other such garbage being taught to their children.
- Turning America’s energy program over to teenaged Nordic nitwit, Greta Thunberg, crippling the U.S. auto industry with his unrealistic energy policies, canceling the Keystone Pipeline, cutting off the issuance of drilling leases on public lands and reentering the lopsided Paris climate agreement that favors China, then begging OPEC to increase its output.
Polls indicate that even many Democrats are admitting their guy isn’t up to the job, far from it. He lacks any leadership or analytic skills and has succeeded in creating major problems and divisiveness with no indication that he can succeed at even the most trivial function.
He can’t string together a coherent sentence, nods off with visiting heads of state sitting next to him and slept soundly while attending the recent climate change session in Scotland. His visit with the Pope and England’s royal family were embarrassing stinkers, according to press reports. Even the mainstream media is now having trouble ignoring the Hunter Biden China and Ukraine connections and payoffs.
The big difference between Carter and Biden is that if Carter had been removed from office he had a competent backup in Vice President Walter Mondale. Biden’s Vice President, Kamala Harris, is as inept, useless, dim, and even more disliked than her boss. There’s no safety net. As unimaginable as it seems, things could get worse with a Harris presidency.
In 1980 Carter lost to Ronald Reagan in a landslide. Voters had had and seen enough. Biden would lose in a landslide to a barrel of hair in 2024 if he isn’t locked in the White House basement or confined to a dementia institution by then.
Because the alternative is Harris, the country needs Biden to hang on until the 2022 midterm elections when from all indications, he’ll be sidelined by a Republican sweep of the House and Senate, making him a useless lame duck, to be used for display purposes only.
One term of his incompetency will keep any presidential successor busy putting his misguided “Build Back Better” catastrophe back the way Biden found it, then some.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.