Powered by Topple

Exclusive exit poll data shows why Youngkin won and what the Dems are in for now

Powered by Topple

Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE


CHECK OUT WeThePeople.store for best SWAG!

Democrats on Tuesday got their clock thoroughly cleaned in Virginia, with Republicans recapturing the office of governor, lieutenant governor and attorney general — and Republicans reportedly poised to retake the legislature as well.

With Tuesday’s Virginia election having been viewed as a bellwether for the midterms next year, Democrats’ stunning defeat raises the specter of a complete wipeout for them come 2022 unless they immediately reverse course.

Likewise, Republicans’ stunning victory significantly increases the likelihood of electoral success if the party doubles down on the tactics used in Virginia.

The results of an exclusive early Virginia exit poll commissioned by BizPac Review contain a couple of nuggets of information that could potentially make or break either party next year, depending on how each party responds to the data.

One piece of data shows that President Joe Biden is greatly disliked, with 46.3 percent of Virginia voters viewing him unfavorably, and 6.0 percent viewing him “somewhat” unfavorably. That brings the total to 52.3 percent.

The lesson here seems to be that it would be wise for Democrat candidates to distance themselves from the president — unlike now-failed Democrat Virginia gubernatorial nominee Terry McAuliffe:

However, the poll appears to also offer a similar lesson for Republicans.

An even higher 56.7 percent majority of Virginia voters expressed dislike for former President Donald Trump. Notably, Virginia Gov.-elect Glenn Youngkin never campaigned with Trump and, according to reports, he generally sought to distance himself from the former president:

As to what most motivated Virginia voters to go red this year, polling data suggests that the uproar over education was the key factor.

A total of 63.6 percent of Virginia voters said “the issue of parental control and involvement in education” factored into their decision, with 47.6 percent saying it factored “a lot.”

Prior to the election, McAuliffe, a staunch supporter of the teaching of racial essentialism and radical transgender ideology in schools, made himself into a pariah by stating and then doubling down on the belief that parents should have no say in the type of “education” offered to their children.

Youngkin, a Republican, seized on the backlash, propping himself up as the champion of dissenting parents. The strategy clearly worked, with him winning 50.7 percent of the vote on Tuesday — and likewise earning a 53 percent favorability rating in BizPac Review’s pre-election poll.

Conversely, McAuliffe earned a 52.2 percent unfavorability rating.

What’s extraordinary is that a 39 percent majority of voters who participated in the poll reported being Democrats, whereas only a 34 percent minority reported being Republicans and 27.0 percent reported being Independents.

Here’s another shocking finding: A noticeable 53 percent majority of voters polled were women — presumably mothers enraged over McAuliffe’s unrepentant intention to force radical ideology down their children’s throats.

BPR’s Exclusive Exit Poll Reports by BPR on Scribd

The results suggest that some Democrat women may have been so bothered by McAuliffe’s increasingly anti-parent antics that they abandoned their preferred party for this election.

Indeed, despite Democrats comprising the majority of polled voters, only 23.1 percent reported being “liberal.” A much higher 42.0 percent reported being “conservative,” while 34.9 percent reported being “moderate.”

Again, the results suggest that “moderate” Democrats — “moderate” Democrat women in particular — switched teams for this election. That’s a big deal.

The problem facing Democrats is that most critics, including liberal ones, expect they will not heed the lessons of the 2021 election.

“Democrats won’t learn anything from Virginia,” Lee Fang, a left-wing journalist with The Intercept, predicted in tweets posted late Tuesday:

As noted by Fang in the tweets above, Americans “want actual anti-racism” versus the clear-cut racial essentialism embodied in the critical race theory propaganda that McAuliffe and, in fact, the entire Democrat Party have become so enamored with.

But being a true anti-racist requires that one stop using race as a weapon. It’s clear though that the left in general can’t be bothered to do that.

Case in point:

So many on the left are convinced that Virginia went red because of so-called “white supremacy.”

Never mind that the “white supremacist” state just elected a black Republican as lieutenant governor and a Hispanic as attorney general.

This is indeed the “new Virginia GOP,” though as the reactions from the likes of Jemele Hill suggest, it’s the same ol’ Democrat Party …

Vivek Saxena

Comments

Latest Articles