Biden dismantled Trump’s crisis evacuation agency, nixed plan months before the fall of Afghanistan

The Biden State Department canceled former President Trump’s Crisis Response Bureau that was intended to provide swift and safe evacuations of Americans out of crisis zones just months prior to the fall of Afghanistan to the bloodthirsty Taliban.

The Biden administration made the ill-fated move in June to dismantle Trump’s program that was meant to protect American citizens trapped abroad. The fall of Afghanistan has left thousands of Americans trapped behind enemy lines in the country and many wonder if they even stand a chance of being rescued now.

According to the Washington Free Beacon, a June 11 memo that was circulated within the State Department authorized the “discontinuation of the establishment, and the termination of, the Contingency and Crisis Response Bureau (CCR).”

The memo was sensitive but unclassified and it was signed by Deputy Secretary of State Brian McKeon. It would scuttle a crisis evacuation plan that would prove disastrous for Americans in Afghanistan following President Joe Biden’s incompetent decision and timing to withdraw troops. Americans could have been evacuated prior to the withdrawal and it could have been timed for the winter months giving the Afghans an opportunity to further prepare for an onslaught by the Taliban.

Trump-era Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was responsible for putting the original evacuation program in play and was tasked with providing “aviation, logistics, and medical support capabilities for the Department’s operational bureaus, thereby enhancing the secretary’s ability to protect American citizens overseas in connection with overseas evacuations in the aftermath of a natural or man-made disaster.”

Biden’s State Department was quick to counter on the charge and told Fox News Wednesday in an email that it “is important to note that not only would the proposed Contingency and Crisis Response Bureau not have introduced any new capabilities to the Department, it was never formally established.” That assertion is being contested by a number of sources.

“Some administrative steps were taken before its establishment was paused, but the day-to-day operations of the team have not changed,” the spokesperson disingenuously claimed.

“Every requirement the Department delivered on last year, and since the proposed establishment of the bureau, can be delivered on today in the same manner if appropriate to do so,” they contended.

The State Department further claimed that none of the capabilities provided by them have ceased to exist. They went on to assert that the bureau was in its early stages at the time and that Secretary of State Antony Blinken had requested a review of it earlier this year.

Former President Trump told The National Pulse concerning Biden’s disastrous move:

My Administration prioritized keeping Americans safe, Biden leaves them behind. Canceling this successful Trump Administration program before the withdrawal that would have helped tens of thousands Americans reach home is beyond disgraceful. Our withdrawal was conditions-based and perfect, it would have been flawlessly executed and nobody would have even known we left. The Biden execution and withdrawal is perhaps the greatest embarrassment to our Country in History, both as a military and humanitarian operation.

 

Biden told ABC News on Wednesday that he didn’t believe the withdrawal of our troops could have taken place without “chaos ensuing,” which many contend is simply not true.

“When you had the government of Afghanistan, the leader of that government, getting in a plane and taking off and going to another country, when you saw the significant collapse of the Afghan troops we had trained, up to 300,000 of them just leaving their equipment and taking off – that’s what happened,” he stated.

But all of that only happened after the United States pulled out and announced doing so. All of it boils down to how the whole situation was horrifically handled.

The State Department informed Americans trapped in Kabul on Wednesday that it “cannot ensure safe passage” to the airport which is currently surrounded by Taliban militants who are not letting people in. Americans have been told to shelter in place and wait to be evacuated. By Wednesday afternoon that admonishment changed. The State Department said in a security alert that “The United States Government cannot ensure safe passage to the Hamid Karzai International Airport,” according to Defense One.

The anger among Americans over Biden’s botched Afghanistan withdrawal is surging:

Comments

Latest Articles